Tactical Simulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Simulators

Hi all, I am looking for a really good real time or turn based WW2 tactical/ strategic simulator. I am interested in fighting on the German side. I saw one once but cant remember the name of it. It was a scenario based game that was played out between the Russians and Germans. I am really keen to locate something as this is the only kind of gaming that I really get into.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Tiger_Ace78

Advanced Squad Leader. It is rules heavy, but you don't need all the rules to get started.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx

Comment

I'd say it depends on a few things-

1. What's your definition for tactical.

2. What's your definition of Simulator.

3. How much time are you willing to invest.

4. Are you looking into playing h2h or Vs. AI?

If you'll be able to answer these It'll probably be easier for all of us to advise you properly.

Comment

Golani, hi,
        I am looking for something that uses squad/ platoon level tactics (infantry) with a minimum amount of assisstance from armour/ artillery. As far as simulator goes, I am not looking for a first person shooter but want to be able to look over the battlefield in a third person perspective.
        Time.... well as much time as it takes. I am able to invest days into the scenario if that is what it takes.

I am looking for a reasonable amount of AI in the scenario's, I want it to be challenging but not so tough as though I am trying to push a 20 ton truck up a hill by myself. Whilst I intend on playing it by myself, most of the time, it would be good to have the option to play on line if I wanted to.

Well I hope that answers your questions.

Cheers, T_A78

Comment

Well, sounds like your best bet will be to wait for battlefront to release Combat Mission: Normandy.

Close Combat gave me (and still does) years of fun with an endless amount of mods and variants, but I'm afraid it's AI isn't all that great.

CMSF would have been the perfect game for you, but it focuses on modern battles so...no.

Normandy supposedly is based on the CMSF engine and so far sounds like the best bet.

Check it out:
          http://www.battlefront.com/community...ad.php?t=90197

Comment

Here is a link...

To a game called SPWW2. It is free,fun and has it's own forum for all the support that you need. http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/winspww2.htm

You can play any nation that you desire.
            Last edited by Brummbar33; 25 Jun 10, 16:08. Reason: added to
            It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X