A good strategy World War I game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good strategy World War I game?

I'm looking for a good strategy WWI game. I don't care if its real time or turn based, I just want to play the war the way I think the Central Power should have in order to win.

I currently play, Hearts of Iron 2 Mod 1914 and I am just getting into World War One Gold.

I've also tried Guns of August, but the interface of that game just looked to primitive.

Am I missing any games here, anything I haven't tried yet that is WWI strategy?

Slitherine just announced they are designing a WW1 title for their Commander engine actually.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Entente is one...Based off the RTS game engine for Cossacks:European Wars,I loved Cossacks and I love Entente. Good luck getting a copy though,I had to buy mine internationaly (which made shipping a pain).
      Studying Logistics since birth....

Comment

Originally posted by PMCinc. View Post
        Entente is one...Based off the RTS game engine for Cossacks:European Wars,I loved Cossacks and I love Entente. Good luck getting a copy though,I had to buy mine internationaly (which made shipping a pain).
        I have played cossacks 2, and I remember it had a larger strategy map then when a battle was fought it would go down to the tactical battlefield. Is this game like that? Sort of like a total war sort of thing. Or is it just a scenario based only tactical battlefield kind of thing, like Age of Empires. Because I like the battlefields as long as it connects to a larger strategy map or conquering the world or something.

I'll give it a go. I remember screenshots from this years ago. I am a big WWI fan, just because of the carnage and all the new weapons that came out during the war. Oh, and I don't play cossacks anymore because Napoleon Total War outdoes it in most aspects, for the same era. IMO.

Comment

It's not a strategy game but HPS just announced a WWI game based on their Panzer Campaign engine. It covers France in 1914. There are a number of long campaigns included. It will be available June 4.
          You don't like religious fundamentalists with guns? Who do you think landed at Plymouth Rock?

Comment

Taow iii
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Victoria Revolutions contains a full WW1 campaign, in which you can play any side.

Comment

AGEOD's WW1 Le Grande Guerre Gold edition is a superb game now. Very deep and replicates WW1 very well indeed.

The game has been improved no end since the re gold version release.
                Lesliesplace forum

Leslies place. Come on in and enjoy the company of a few good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Wodin View Post
                  AGEOD's WW1 Le Grande Guerre Gold edition is a superb game now. Very deep and replicates WW1 very well indeed.

The game has been improved no end since the re gold version release.
                  Yeah, I have that one right now, it has certain decisions and certain and newspapers and such. thanks

Comment

Sorry should have read your post more.

I'd say HPS new WW1 game is well wroth a look. They are starting with 1914 and then will release new games after. Its a whole new range.

Also as Les says Slitherine are making a WW1 game aswell. Not sure how it will play out though. Both this and the HPS title will require some work so as not to play out like WW2 with WW1 weapons. I imagine HPS would make a more realistic game than slitherine as slitherine commnader series is more bear and pretzels I believe.

I'm also a WW1 obsessive and understand your need of all things WW1.

A word of warning the WW1 rts the entente isn't the best game in the world by any stretch. Barely call it WW1 to be honest...no trench's even. I'm not the greatets fan of RTS games though.
                    Last edited by Wodin; 30 May 10, 19:38.
                    Lesliesplace forum

Leslies place. Come on in and enjoy the company of a few good people.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X