Making History II: How moddable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making History II: How moddable?

I'm real excited for Making History II. It looks like they are trying to get it as real as possible. Hopefully I will have a computer to play it on. That said, despite all the infamy of Paradox titles, I kept buying them (past tense for I can't run the EUIII engine on my computer) not for the games out of the box, but because of the vibrant and wonderful modding community that tweaked the games to really make them fun.

Say I wanted to up Germany's industrial ability to simulate a Nazi Party with less crony capitalism. Could I do it and how hard would it be?

Say I want to make a new country or expand one. If I say, wanted to give Sweden Norway and the Danish colonies, how would that go?

Say I wanna go gonzo and give all the major players the ability to make air cav divisions. How hard would that be, to simulate a slightly different tech paradigm?

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Wolery; 30 Mar 10, 18:26. Reason: Brains is right, I'm S*** for spelling
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

I thought the first MH was pretty unique.

By the way Wolery, didn't you mean 'excited'
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
      I'm real excited for Making History II. It looks like they are trying to get it as real as possible. Hopefully I will have a computer to play it on. That said, despite all the infamy of Paradox titles, I kept buying them (past tense for I can't run the EUIII engine on my computer) not for the games out of the box, but because of the vibrant and wonderful modding community that tweaked the games to really make them fun.

Say I wanted to up Germany's industrial ability to simulate a Nazi Party with less crony capitalism. Could I do it and how hard would it be?

Say I want to make a new country or expand one. If I say, wanted to give Sweden Norway and the Danish colonies, how would that go?

Say I wanna go gonzo and give all the major players the ability to make air cav divisions. How hard would that be, to simulate a slightly different tech paradigm?

Any help is appreciated.
      You should be able to do all of the above, but it will be difficult without an editor. Most properties are in XML, and we used Collada so it would be easier to import new models. We will create an editor, but that will happen after the initial release.

Chris--
      Last edited by MuzzyDev; 31 Mar 10, 11:45.
      www.making-history.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X