X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Mission Help

so this'll be my second post

Anyways,
    I recently changed from PC to mac and i was a HUGE combat mission3: AK fanatic. However i got the DVD-Rom version, and it is quite obviously incompatible with my current Mac OS.

I was perhaps wondering if someone could possibly upload it via rapidshare or be able to direct me to a torrent, I would be much in your debt!

also, i cant seem to find the previous 2 combat missions around anymore for mac, and am thinking of buying them on ebay or something to that extent. Can anyone give me a good, honest impression/review of them so as I can tell which to buy first
    Today we march forward undaunted, without fear and without hope, for we are desperate men...

Would love to help, but alas, your request is way tooooo 'asking for illegal help' within the framework of the sites quidelines.

But, there ARE several hard core CM fans on site that might be able to help you in private.

I will point you in the direction of Michael Dorosh who I know to be a veteran player.
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/member.php?u=3159
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

We can't help with anything illegal, but I can tell you that CM:BB should definitely be on your PURCHASE list. It is not quite as refined as CM:AK but the scenarios and battlefield settings are outstanding. CM:BO is the roughest of the lot, being the first out of the gate. I'd only get that if you are really a fanatic.

I'm disappointed that my DX10 video card can no longer play CM.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

The Mac version will not work with the current Mac operating system. Apparently OS9 is the last Mac system on which it worked.

Brian--you may want to check out this and other threads over at Battlefront with regard to you VISTA + video card problems:

http://www.battlefront.com/community...ad.php?t=87844
        Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
        http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

My apologies on the whole illegal thing...i was under the impression that if you owned the game (i bought CM:AK when it was released for PC) that it was possible to re-download it since you already owned the game. So apologies to any of the battlefront.com crew for posting that, i was just seeing if a copy was available for MAC that i could download since i switched OS.

I can restart my mac in classic which is nice, and i hope to try it to see if it works

i played a demo of CM:BB (sad that i downloaded it now as opposed to when it was released when i had a pc, though through a fog of memories i may have played it) and it was amazing as far as content goes. Yes, I agree it wasnt as streamlined as AK, but the amount of fun i had in the demo alone (stayed up alllllll night before getting on my ship) will make it to the top of my purchase list

Anyways,
          Apologies again for suggesting i was attempting to gain it illegally without prior ownership of the game

If anyone could possibly PM me with any info as to any other aspects of the game/where to buy ( or download by paying on the net) i would be very much here in your debt.

Cheers
          Today we march forward undaunted, without fear and without hope, for we are desperate men...

Comment

I would steer you in the direction of NWS for a good price on this otherwise well liked, but long in the tooth gaming product.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

Chances of you finding a better price are fairly unlikely, and Chris is well respected by wargamers if you have not encountered them yet.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

also on a secondary note, have there been any attempts by tech savvy people to create a user-patch to update the game framework for OS X?
              (though i highly doubt it)

Comment

Huzzah!

i figured out how to dual boot my Mac, and I just ordered CM:BO and CM:BB

as well as emprie total war and company of heroes (debating on getting dawn of war 2)

so thank you folks for all your help and rrecommendations...

between pc games and Tides of Iron I am one happy pup now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X