World At War game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World At War game

I just picked up World At War pretty cheap. I started to play it without the reading the rules or running the tutorial. Looks very similar to Axis and Allies. I started as Germany. I am losing. No surprise. I have a serious manpower shortage. So I have things that are built but no troops to operate them. Russia has a huge army. And the US and UK navies are dominating the seas. It will be a short war.

This wasn't maent to be a whinefest; I really posted this to see what others thought of the game and maybe glean some tips. Thanks.

Some of us might be better able to comment, if we knew more specifically which game you referred to.

I can think of a few games called World at War, both electronic and board game.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

World at war

Sorry I didn't that there were other games with that title.
      GARY GRIGSBY'S WORLD AT WAR by Matrix Games. you can find it on amazon.com or at http://www.matrixgames.com/games/WorldAtWar/main.asp

I guess I could add that it is a PC game. Based on WWII. If any has ever played axis & allies (Board or PC) you have the look and feel of it more or less.
      Last edited by Edmund; 04 Mar 09, 12:35. Reason: Add mmore info.

Comment

Ahh do you have the first edition or the revision edition called Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided.

The second is easily the better.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
          Ahh do you have the first edition or the revision edition called Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided.

The second is easily the better.
          Naturally I have the older one. Shame. I didn't know there was a 2nd edition. I wonder if you can buy an update.

Comment

It's two different programs. For a while they had a 35% off deal if you had a serial from the first release.

Comment

World At War game

Thanks Les Brains. I should have done more research.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X