Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combat Mission Shock Force - British Forces announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Blimey! Here is the full monty! CMSF British Forces out now!

CMSF British Forces is available now! The second Module for the Combat Mission Shock Force modern warfare tactical simulation has just been released! British Forces is available for download, mail delivery, or both download & mail delivery, starting at just \$25, and as usual available only directly from www.battlefront.com! Ownership of the base game Combat Mission Shock Force is required.

A bundle consisting of British Forces and Marines (the previous Module) is available as well, for only \$35 (a whopping \$15 off the regular price).

You can download and play immediately! Hardgoods - consisting of a CD - will be mailed out within 2 weeks.

Click here to order now! =

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...id=9&Itemid=26

A free demo for Combat Mission Shock Force v1.20 including Marines and British module content is available for download as well.

Click here to download the free demo =

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...=42&Itemid=358

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    CMSF British Forces trailer and demo released NOW!

Battlefront.com is proudly releasing the official video trailer to the upcoming CMSF British Forces module today! Introducing a whole new army, the British Armed Forces, this latest module to the Combat Mission Shock Force series of modern warfare tactical ground combat simulation games will be released in July 2009 only from www.battlefront.com! Ownership of the base game CMSF (any version) is required. CMSF British Forces will cost \$25 and will be available as download, mail order or both.

Click here to jump directly to the CMSF British Forces media section to watch the official trailer:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...218&Itemid=329

Did we forget anything? Hm, let's think... Oh yes, the all new v1.20 demo for Combat Mission Shock Force, including British Forces and Marines content, is out now!!! With an additional and completely new British mission, the demo showcases all the new features of the latest v1.20 of the series, includes full multiplayer functionality and a total of 5 (!) missions.

Click here to download the free v1.20 Combat Mission Shock Force demo right now:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...=42&Itemid=358

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Battlefront Press Release 14 July 2009 - The v1.20 online game manual for the upcoming CMSF:British Forces module has just been posted! This is the perfect opportunity to read up on all the goodies available in Battlefront.com's newest module for the critically acclaimed Combat Mission series before its release.

Click here to jump directly to the v1.20 British Forces online manual:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...=13&Itemid=356

An updated v1.20 online manual for the base game Combat Mission Shock Force has been posted as well. It includes the most important improvements and new game features that will be available to all CMSF players in the upcoming free v1.20 patch.

Click here to jump directly to the updated v1.20 base game manual:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...d=2&Itemid=223

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Blast that!! We've just released six new videos from the upcoming Combat Mission Shock Force: BRITISH FORCES module!

Four of the videos cover some of the new British equipment, which some players may be less familiar with, such as the Jackal M-WMIK or the Challenger 2 main battle tank. And for those who prefer raw action, we added a bonus two videos including an infantry section assault and some relaxing early afternoon handgrenading... enjoy!

Click here to jump directly to the CMSF:BF media files section:

Leave a comment:

• KG_Jag
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    I play strictly in RT, I forget the patch number but it was once the Marines module was out.
    That explains a great deal. Marines came very late in the patching process.

Plus the greatest (but not the only) problems with CMSF came in playing it in WeGo, the only way CM x 1 games could be played. After a time Battlefront admitted that the CM x 2 was at its core a RT engine and that WeGo was essentially bolted on. Almost all the early testing of CMSF, well into its patching, was conducted in RT.

All this may help you to understand why some of the gamers rated it so low--it was a not new & improved version of the CM x 1 games, but instead the CM x 2 engine was initially designed for new customers, who prefer RT play.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    I play strictly in RT, I forget the patch number but it was once the Marines module was out.

Leave a comment:

• KG_Jag
    replied
    I'm still very pleased with the game personally and I haven't experienced the things most people are talking about.
    What was the patch number (or date) when you started to play?

Do you play WeGo, RT or a mix of both?

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    I see a lot of 1 and 0 scores which to me has to be people over-reacting a bit. I'm still very pleased with the game personally and I haven't experienced the things most people are talking about. MP works fine, game doesn't crash, and path-finding is ok after the patches now. Before that yeah pathfinding wasn't very good, but that can be overcome by issuing waypoints. Interface has always been fine with me, I'm not sure what the beef is there.

I do agree that the AI could be a lot better, which is why I stick to MP or custom scenarios.
    Last edited by TactiKill J.; 07 Jul 09, 15:07.

Leave a comment:

• KG_Jag
    replied
    Ah, I was never aware of any of that. What were/are the issues with CMSF? Personally I never experienced any problems with it, but I didn't get it right when it was released.
    It has the topic of much discussion on many fora. However, you might want to start with Metacritic, which compiles reviews, and ratings from gamers. The combined reviewer scores netted to only 62 out of 100. Gamers gave it only 2.5 out of 10. That gamers score includes the rating of one of the CMSF beta testers/scenario designers, who rated it a "9". You might find the a read of these "user comments" to be especially interesting. The link is:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...force?q=combat mission
    Last edited by KG_Jag; 07 Jul 09, 01:36. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Ah, I was never aware of any of that. What were/are the issues with CMSF? Personally I never experienced any problems with it, but I didn't get it right when it was released.

Leave a comment:

• TC237
    replied
    The thing that I appreciate about BF is that they're commited to quality. Better to wait and release a good product than shove a product out the door just to meet a deadline. Any other company would have forced that game out in order to fatten their profits. Each extra day of dev needed runs the cost of production up and eats into their bottom line. So, hats off to BF, thankfully the Marines module is still fun so I can wait patiently while I play that.
    um, that is exactly what they did with CMSF, they are still trying to fix the issues caused by a rushed release.
    But instead of owning up to it they denied it, argued vehemently that people "just don't get it", still deny it to this day and insult anyone that disagrees with them.

Leave a comment:

• KG_Jag
    replied
    The thing that I appreciate about BF is that they're commited to quality. Better to wait and release a good product than shove a product out the door just to meet a deadline. Any other company would have forced that game out in order to fatten their profits. Each extra day of dev needed runs the cost of production up and eats into their bottom line. So, hats off to BF, thankfully the Marines module is still fun so I can wait patiently while I play that.
    That was true about BFC through the CM x 1 series. However, it was no longer true by the time they released TOW and the horribly broken and incomplete CMSF, almost exactly two years ago.

I hope that they will return to their original practice/mantra of not releasing a game until it is done.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KG_Jag
    replied
    This puppy is already 6 months behind schedule. It appears that BF has had more problems than it anticipated with its first out sourced module for a CM x 2 game.

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    Two new screenshot galleries for CMSF:British Forces have just been added, courtesy of beta testers Neil Clark and George McEwan.

Check out some of the new animations (such as wall jumping), weapons (like the dismountable heavy weapons!) and vehicles (the Challenger 2 Enhanced is a beauty, is it not?) that the upcoming CMSF:British Forces module will have to offer...soon!

Click here to jump directly to the CMSF:British Forces media page=

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X