Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combat Mission Shock Force - British Forces announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Mission Shock Force - British Forces announced!

Battlefront.com is thrilled to announce Combat Mission Shock Force - BRITISH FORCES. British Forces is the next Module in Battlefront.com's Combat Mission Shock Force series of modern warfare tactical simulations.

Britain fields one of the most powerful armed forces in the world today, which Combat Mission fans will soon experience for themselves. The full range of British weaponry is brought to life with the same amazing level of detail found in the previous Combat Mission titles.

Everything from the new version of the L85A2 rifle to the Challenger 2 with all the latest upgrades is included in order to give a full accounting of the capabilities of the modern British Army. Play with them on their own or as part of multi-national joint task forces using any of Shock Forces' other units. As with the MARINES Module, all new scenarios and a campaign are included for exciting play right out of the box, before digging in and using the powerful editor or sharing scenarios with other Shock Force gamers. New voices (multiple accents), sound effects, and game features round out the game experience. Oh, and of course some great surprises which will be revealed as the release date nears!

Click here for more information about CMSF - BRITISH FORCES:
    http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...217&Itemid=327

Combat Mission Shock Force - British Forces Overview

So what will the British Forces module include? Well, we can't tell you everything yet, but here is a first glimpse at some of the confirmed units, weapons and equipment. A more detailed overview can also be found under the "Equipment" section on the left.

Preliminary equipment list

-UK Small Arms and Support Weapons
    L85A2 (5.56mm Rifle)
    L85A2 w/UGL
    L85A2 new version
    L86A2 (5.56mm Light Support Weapon)
    L22A2 (5.56mm Carbine)
    L110A1 (5.56mm Minimi-Para)
    L96A1 (7.62mm Sniper Rifle)
    L115A1 (8.59mm Long range Rifle)
    L115A3 (8.59mm Sniper Rifle)
    L111A1 Browning (.50 cal HMG)
    L7A2 (7.62mm GPMG)
    L134A1 (GMG)
    L2A1 (ILAW)
    NLAW
    LASM
    Javelin ATGM
    L109 (hand grenade)
    L9A1 (51mm Mortar)

-UK Vehicles
    FV4043 Challenger 2
    FV4043 Challenger 2 w/ current upgrades
    FV 510 Warrior IFV - "TELIC"
    FV 510 Warrior IFV - "TELIC Enhanced"
    FV 511 Warrior ICV

-Warrior Reconnaissance vehicle
    FV 514 Warrior OPV
    FV 107 Scimitar
    FV 107 Scimitar with slat armor
    FV 103 Spartan
    FV 103 Spartan with slat armor
    FV 105 Sultan
    FV 432
    FV 432 mark 3 Bulldog
    M-WMIK Jackal
    L.R. Command vehicle (w/ FFR)
    TUM - HS/GS
    TUM - HS/ST
    R-WMIK
    Snatch 2A

-Artillery Support
    L16A2 81mm Mortar
    L118 Light Gun
    AS90 Self-propelled gun
    M270Bi MLRS

-Air Support
    Apache
    Typhoon
    Tornado GR4
    Harrier GR9

The British Forces Module will be packed with a lot of cool stuff and will be available for purchase soon to you all. "Soon" means "whenever it's ready". "All" means to anybody with a Battlefront, Paradox, and Gamer's Gate version of CM:SF. (In other words: it's not required to own the Marines module to enjoy the British Module, but you do need to have the base game of CM:SF. It doesn't matter which version you have, CMSF British Forces will work with all of them).

CMSF British Forces will be available only from http://www.battlefront.com/ and will not be sold in stores. The price will be $25.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Awesome!

Comment

First in-game CMSF British Forces screenshots!

Battlefront Press Release 13 February 2009 - A first small set of in-game screenshots from the upcoming CMSF British Forces module has been released today, showing for the first time British infantry soldiers as well as in-game shots of some of the exciting new vehicles and equipment that the second CM Shock Force module is going to offer (among, as usual, many other things such as game engine enhancements and a few surprises, too).

Click here to jump directly to the CMSF British Forces Media page=

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...218&Itemid=329
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Finally, some new screenshots from the upcoming British Forces module for CMSF! Today we're focusing on the newly added 51mm L9A1 infantry mortars, but we've thrown in a few vehicle screenshots for good measure as well, showing off the randomly assigned external equipment in various variations!

Oh, and there's a short video, too :-)

The CMSFBF media gallery page
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Two new screenshot galleries for CMSF:British Forces have just been added, courtesy of beta testers Neil Clark and George McEwan.

Check out some of the new animations (such as wall jumping), weapons (like the dismountable heavy weapons!) and vehicles (the Challenger 2 Enhanced is a beauty, is it not?) that the upcoming CMSF:British Forces module will have to offer...soon!

Click here to jump directly to the CMSF:British Forces media page=

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...218&Itemid=329
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

This puppy is already 6 months behind schedule. It appears that BF has had more problems than it anticipated with its first out sourced module for a CM x 2 game.
            Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
            http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

The thing that I appreciate about BF is that they're commited to quality. Better to wait and release a good product than shove a product out the door just to meet a deadline. Any other company would have forced that game out in order to fatten their profits. Each extra day of dev needed runs the cost of production up and eats into their bottom line. So, hats off to BF, thankfully the Marines module is still fun so I can wait patiently while I play that.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                The thing that I appreciate about BF is that they're commited to quality. Better to wait and release a good product than shove a product out the door just to meet a deadline. Any other company would have forced that game out in order to fatten their profits. Each extra day of dev needed runs the cost of production up and eats into their bottom line. So, hats off to BF, thankfully the Marines module is still fun so I can wait patiently while I play that.
                That was true about BFC through the CM x 1 series. However, it was no longer true by the time they released TOW and the horribly broken and incomplete CMSF, almost exactly two years ago.

I hope that they will return to their original practice/mantra of not releasing a game until it is done.

Comment

um, that is exactly what they did with CMSF, they are still trying to fix the issues caused by a rushed release.
                  But instead of owning up to it they denied it, argued vehemently that people "just don't get it", still deny it to this day and insult anyone that disagrees with them.

Comment

Ah, I was never aware of any of that. What were/are the issues with CMSF? Personally I never experienced any problems with it, but I didn't get it right when it was released.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ah, I was never aware of any of that. What were/are the issues with CMSF? Personally I never experienced any problems with it, but I didn't get it right when it was released.
                      It has the topic of much discussion on many fora. However, you might want to start with Metacritic, which compiles reviews, and ratings from gamers. The combined reviewer scores netted to only 62 out of 100. Gamers gave it only 2.5 out of 10. That gamers score includes the rating of one of the CMSF beta testers/scenario designers, who rated it a "9". You might find the a read of these "user comments" to be especially interesting. The link is:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...force?q=combat mission
                      Last edited by KG_Jag; 07 Jul 09, 01:36. Reason: typo

Comment

I see a lot of 1 and 0 scores which to me has to be people over-reacting a bit. I'm still very pleased with the game personally and I haven't experienced the things most people are talking about. MP works fine, game doesn't crash, and path-finding is ok after the patches now. Before that yeah pathfinding wasn't very good, but that can be overcome by issuing waypoints. Interface has always been fine with me, I'm not sure what the beef is there.

I do agree that the AI could be a lot better, which is why I stick to MP or custom scenarios.
                        Last edited by TactiKill J.; 07 Jul 09, 15:07.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm still very pleased with the game personally and I haven't experienced the things most people are talking about.
                          What was the patch number (or date) when you started to play?

Do you play WeGo, RT or a mix of both?

Comment

I play strictly in RT, I forget the patch number but it was once the Marines module was out.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I play strictly in RT, I forget the patch number but it was once the Marines module was out.
                              That explains a great deal. Marines came very late in the patching process.

Plus the greatest (but not the only) problems with CMSF came in playing it in WeGo, the only way CM x 1 games could be played. After a time Battlefront admitted that the CM x 2 was at its core a RT engine and that WeGo was essentially bolted on. Almost all the early testing of CMSF, well into its patching, was conducted in RT.

All this may help you to understand why some of the gamers rated it so low--it was a not new & improved version of the CM x 1 games, but instead the CM x 2 engine was initially designed for new customers, who prefer RT play.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X