For Liberty! and Vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Liberty! and Vista?

Do any of you out there know how to get matrixgames, "For Liberty!" to work with windows vista? It's a shame that I can no longer play this great game just because I upgraded my 8 year old PC.

Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post
    Do any of you out there know how to get matrixgames, "For Liberty!" to work with windows vista? It's a shame that I can no longer play this great game just because I upgraded my 8 year old PC.
    The following was on the Matrix Forums:

"Try running the game as adminstrator AND check the "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition" in the compatibility tab. It worked for me. I still get an error when I exit the application that the file D3DRM.DLL is missing, but it does not seem to impact the game. "

No idea if it works
    Boston Strong!

Comment

Thanks! I'll try that out...

Comment

Didn't work for me....Oh well. I see that they may fix For Liberty to work with vista in the future. In the mean time, I've got my old pc still and can play all the games that don't run on vista there.

Folks...just a warning. Vista is TERRIBLE! I have never been so frustrated with a PC before! I can't save pictures from the net, everything you do requires 2-3 security checks, downloaded files don't appear in folders some of the time, programs don't work, and it came fresh from the store with some add bug that keeps telling me I won a nintendo wii blasting through my speakers! Nothing I do can make it stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post
          Didn't work for me....Oh well. I see that they may fix For Liberty to work with vista in the future. In the mean time, I've got my old pc still and can play all the games that don't run on vista there.

Folks...just a warning. Vista is TERRIBLE! I have never been so frustrated with a PC before! I can't save pictures from the net, everything you do requires 2-3 security checks, downloaded files don't appear in folders some of the time, programs don't work, and it came fresh from the store with some add bug that keeps telling me I won a nintendo wii blasting through my speakers! Nothing I do can make it stop!
          I am with you on VISTA. Got a laptop with it and having all the saem issues. Compressed files in particular seem to disappear and the help system is useless. I have the feeling you have to go through 32 degrees of initiation into a secret society before they will tell you how it works.
          Boston Strong!

Comment

After about two minutes of being asked if I really wanted to do something I turned all the security features off. Since then I've had no problems with any games running on Vista.
            Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it!

Comment

Originally posted by KG_RangerBooBoo View Post
              After about two minutes of being asked if I really wanted to do something I turned all the security features off. Since then I've had no problems with any games running on Vista.
              Really? I should give that a try!

Comment

Originally posted by KG_RangerBooBoo View Post
                I can't figure out how to do this...could you help me?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X