Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak peek of a project I'm involved in

Hi all,

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm a recently retired software developer. In the past, I've been involved in a number of game modification projects, including the original Red Orchestra mod. Now that I'm retired, I can invest more time in both programming and my hobbies.

I thought some might be interested in this sneak peek screenshot of a turn based, World War 2, squad level war game project I'm involved in. Can't say a lot about it, but we're working hard to get it released in 2021.

SneakPeek.png

Looks a lot like Avalon Hill's "Squad Leader" series.
    What/where is the difference(s)?
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      Looks a lot like Avalon Hill's "Squad Leader" series.
      What/where is the difference(s)?
      The game is based on the Valor and Victory rules. Think simplified/basic SL rules. For example, you'll notice the guns do not require crew counters.

As an update, I've just spent the past week adding anti-tank support weapons for squads.

Comment

Here's a little more detail on some of the game mechanics.

The first pic is a close up of test scenario, showing some of the various units.

The second shows a stack laid out for examination. Players may right click on a hex to examine a stack. The stack is laid out with squads, with their support weapons on top, and vehicles below.

The third shows the stack selection dialog. When the player selects a stack to take action, the contents of the stack are displayed in the stack selection dialog. The player can then select which units in the stack is taking part in the action.

Comment

And here's the target selection process. In this case the attacker is a Sherman Firefly. Since the attacker is capable of both anti-personnel and anti-tank fire, and the target has both soft and hard targets, the player must choose which target in the hex to attack and with which type of attack.

Comment

Here's a pic of combat in action. Note the AT combat elimination table on the left. Animated dice rolling is an option.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X