Help from ACG computer geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help from ACG computer geeks

Could someone tell me how to do a screenshot of a game.Specifically WinSPMBT or WinSPWW2.Please make the explanation simple for a computer neophyte.Thanks
    If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Press print screen. You can also get fraps or any other screen capturing program.

Comment

To Scout 32

Click PrintScreen
      Open Paint
      Click Edit
      Click Paste
      Save image

Comment

to Scout 32 again

If you go to
        http://no-nonsense-software.com/
        and download
        ScreenGrab
        its a whole load easier

Comment

Originally posted by sunoco View Post
          Press print screen. You can also get fraps or any other screen capturing program.
          I hit the print screen but couldn't tell if anything happened.Is there somewhere I should look.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Hood View Post
            to Scout 32 again

If you go to
            and download
            ScreenGrab
            its a whole load easier
            Thanks,I'll try this tonight after I get off work

Comment

Originally posted by Scout32 View Post
              I hit the print screen but couldn't tell if anything happened.Is there somewhere I should look.
              Nothing is supposed to happen when you hit the key, the image is simply buffered, all you have to do is paste it in any image editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                Nothing is supposed to happen when you hit the key, the image is simply buffered, all you have to do is paste it in any image editor.
                Thanks Boonie.Now if I just knew what you were talking aboutThere are still a lot of things I don't know how to do on the computer.

Comment

Thanks Boonie.Now if I just knew what you were talking aboutThere are still a lot of things I don't know how to do on the computer.
                  What he means is that the image of the screen (created when you hit the 'Print Screen') button is temporarily stored in the Computer's memory. To access that image you have to open the 'Paint' programme (the simplest image editor around and the only one bundled with Windows) and follow the instructions given earlier. Let me recap those instructions in my own way.

1) Create the scene you wish to save
                  2) Click the 'Print Screen' button
                  3) Open 'Paint' (click Start button, go up to Accessories and it's in there)
                  4) Click 'Edit' and then 'Paste'
                  5) Voila! There's your screenshot!
                  Signing out.

Comment

http://www.getpaint.net/

I recommend running the game windowed while you're taking the screencaps, That way if you mess one up you don't need to reload the game.

to Scout 32 again

If you go to
                    and download
                    ScreenGrab
                    its a whole load easier
                    IrfanView is better.
                    http://www.irfanview.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
                      What he means is that the image of the screen (created when you hit the 'Print Screen') button is temporarily stored in the Computer's memory. To access that image you have to open the 'Paint' programme (the simplest image editor around and the only one bundled with Windows) and follow the instructions given earlier. Let me recap those instructions in my own way.

1) Create the scene you wish to save
                      2) Click the 'Print Screen' button
                      3) Open 'Paint' (click Start button, go up to Accessories and it's in there)
                      4) Click 'Edit' and then 'Paste'
                      5) Voila! There's your screenshot!
                      Thanks FM,I think this is the info I was looking for,Im still pretty much a novice on these things.Also thanks to sunoco and redstar as well.I'll let y'all know if I was successfulAnd also thanks to Robin Hood

Comment

Thanks FM,I think this is the info I was looking for,Im still pretty much a novice on these things.Also thanks to sunoco and redstar as well.I'll let y'all know if I was successfulAnd also thanks to Robin Hood
                        Please do let us know. Maybe even post a screenshot for us to go gooey over.
                        Signing out.

Comment

Screen Printing

Hi,

The methods listed above mostly work OK, but for some reason do not work with WinSPMBT when WinSPMBT is in "Fullscreen" mode. They do work if WinSPMBT is in Windowed mode. Selection between Windowed and Fullscreen can be made in the initial WinSPMBT welcome

Even The ScreenGrab program that I recommended earlier does not work with WinSPMBT in fullscreen mode.

Comment

Hi,

The methods listed above mostly work OK, but for some reason do not work with WinSPMBT when WinSPMBT is in "Fullscreen" mode. They do work if WinSPMBT is in Windowed mode. Selection between Windowed and Fullscreen can be made in the initial WinSPMBT welcome

Even The ScreenGrab program that I recommended earlier does not work with WinSPMBT in fullscreen mode.
                            Thanks RH,I play in windowed mode.I still haven't had time to try any of the suggestions yet,but I thank everyone who has tried to help

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X