Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HPS modern campaigns game to be released soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HPS modern campaigns game to be released soon?

Looks like something is coming down the pipe. Some interesting backstory, presented in the form of "official" memos, intelligence reports, and newspaper articles:

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/blog...hp?userid=4568

(Reverse chronological order.)
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

I wish they would make a 'historical' modern campaigns title. I loved the Arab-Isreali 67 game but have no interest in NATO-Warsaw pact. I would love to see Korea, Indo-Pakistan or Iran-Iraq.

Comment

Ah, looks like this might be it:

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.ya...befront85.html

As is the hallmark of all John Tiller games, Danube Front ‘85 brings changes to the game engine for the series that enhance the campaign being wargamed:

Tactical Nuclear Weapons; Non-Persistent & Persistent Chemical Agents; Special Forces; new Helicopter rules & capabilities; Armies of Czechoslovakia, Denmark & Austria; new combat units and an all new, rebuilt Order-of-Battle are just some of the great features in this new title!

As always, all new features will be rolled out for free to the previous titles in the series. These include:

- Added new partisan unit type with new effectives on supply and units moving in the rear. - New game effects whereby indirect fire is twice as disruptive to HQ units as normal. - Added new Quality Fatigue Modifier optional rule. - New command effect: detached units (those beyond the command range) can no longer call in Artillery or Air Support. - A number of specific AI improvements have been made in an effort to make the game more enjoyable against the computer. - Scenario Editor: we've added the ability to define a Direct A/I Order to assist the AI in attacking over major obstacles such as rivers, thus making the game system more tenacious on the attack. - Also added the ability to highlight a single unit which allows A/I orders to be given to that unit. - Included in the media kit are two PDF files which build the story behind the conflict (marked “SECRET” for scenario purposes only).
      "I am not an atomic playboy."
      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X