Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkwind

Just saw this game mentioned on another site: http://www.dark-wind.com/

Darkwind is a turn-based, 3D persistent-world multiplayer wargame set in the near future, which combines the depth of detail inherent in turn-based games, with long-term strategic elements that keep the challenge going for months/years. The game is staged on a sparsely populated continent, one of the few surviving areas of civilisation. The focus of the game is on vehicular combat - cars with guns - both in the wilderness and in manmade arenas and racing circuits. Gameplay is split between a web interface (for strategic management) and a 3D interface which supports Windows and Mac OSX (for control of your characters and vehicles during a combat or race).
    I was a bit skeptical (come on, a turn based *driving* game??), but I signed up for an account and it actually looks kind of interesting. Anyone here ever heard of this or played it? Kind of reminds me of the old Autoduel and Deathtrack games, but it's turn based.

Well, kind of. Since it's multiplayer, you have a time limit of 30 seconds to enter your orders for the turn. But you can decide how you want to adjust your speed, how you want to turn, weapons, etc.

Interesting idea, definitely a change from the same old WWII wargames.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

looks cool
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X