• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panzer General II Question.

Please help me.
    I have sequestered myself away, until I finish the "Blitzkreig Campaign."
    I need help.
    I'm stuck and it's affecting my marriage etc.
    I'm yelling at Dolley etc.
    Here is the problem:
    • I have made it to the Novgorod Battle.
    • On turn one, I'm supposed to send units to Staraya Russa surround it, and make it a stronghold.
    • I can't do it. I can't get there. I have tried recon units, anti-aircraft units, airborne units take four moves.
    • When I click turn over, a Russian moves in to the hex, and I suffer an Axis loss and it's over!
    • On turn one. I never even get a chance to fire a shot!
    • This happened to me back in 1998 too.
    • Please save my marriage.
    Slug

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

I got nothin'. Giving up Panzer General saved my marriage. I know an expert though, I will consult him. It could take time, he is usually "sequestered" in some sort of Panzer General hell....

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Hm, this is the best I can do:

NOVGOROD

This is another of my favorites. I wish there was a Soviet counterpart. Maybe I'll write one! In any case, the key to winning this one, I have found, is as follows. Set up a decent AT unit in the main citie's hex (I haven't played this one in over a year - is it Novgorod?). Surround it from behind (the West) with artillery and flak. Beyond that, have your tanks ready for a second turn counter-strike. On the first turn, use your artillery to fire at his artillery that can shell your AT or your own artillery. Kill whatever you can with your artillery. Then send in your bombers (usually Ju-87Ds in my case) to blast whatever artillery is left. Use your fighters to provide CAP for your bombers. When he attacks on the first turn, his air unit will go to Novgorod. Your flak will be hidden, two hexes behind your AT and will wreak havoc on his air units.

Keep this up for another one or two turns before pressing forward. Then, with his artillery completely annihilated, start moving East and South to capture all of your objectives.

Use the bridges effectively. Halt your units on the Western approaches of bridges and let him charge blindly into your units during the enemy's turn.
      Full document here: http://www.peachmountain.com/5star/P...ategyGuide.asp
      "I am not an atomic playboy."
      Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Well, how did you do it?
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
          Well, how did you do it?
          1. As soon as you finsh the battle before Novgorod, you go the placement screen for Novgorod.
          2. Scroll until you see Stayna Russa.
          3. You will see several darkened areas next to, or nearby.
          4. Drop pieces into those hexes.
          I suffered a devastating defeat today.
          Too many Russians.
          Their tanks were powereful.
          I kept advancing, and took four victory locations, but it wasn't enough.
          Back to the drawing board.
          Thanks for your help.
          It gave me the opportunity.
          "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. A quick google search led me here. I got up to the Novgorod campaign but can't go any further. Its not a problem with tactics but a problem with a bug or something. I have no deployment hexes near Staraya Russa. I can only deploy to the west near the airfield(which only has 2 air hexes available by the way) and in the northwestern corner. Neither my planes, tanks, trucks, 1/2 tracks, or recons can reach Staraya Russa on the first turn and when I click end turn a Russian unit occupies the hex and its game over. I've tried clicking every hex around Staraya Russa but theres no where for me to place even a single unit. Does anyone now what I can do? My plans for world domination can not be completed until this is fixed.

-Markov

Comment

Originally posted by Markov View Post
              I'm having a similar problem. A quick google search led me here. I got up to the Novgorod campaign but can't go any further. Its not a problem with tactics but a problem with a bug or something. I have no deployment hexes near Staraya Russa. I can only deploy to the west near the airfield(which only has 2 air hexes available by the way) and in the northwestern corner. Neither my planes, tanks, trucks, 1/2 tracks, or recons can reach Staraya Russa on the first turn and when I click end turn a Russian unit occupies the hex and its game over. I've tried clicking every hex around Staraya Russa but theres no where for me to place even a single unit. Does anyone now what I can do? My plans for world domination can not be completed until this is fixed.

-Markov
              Sorry I can't help directly. If you go to here
              they will help to resolve the issue.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X