Play the Sept07 Combat Mission-Ardennes Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play the Sept07 Combat Mission-Ardennes Scenario

Hey guys. I was reading the "Combat Engineers in the Battle of the Bulge, 1944" and thought it would be a neat idea to turn it into a Combat Mission: Afrika Korps scenario.

I've played it a few times, following the article's recommended solution, but have tried a few other strategies with success. I've tried to make it as playable as possible, while sticking to the scenario's details. One thing is for sure, this is very tough.

Try "save link as" if you can't click and download.

http://www.freewebs.com/vrstele/file...nnesSept07.zip

Hey thanks very much for doing that. I will give it a try.

I'm in the process of having a new computer installed at home becuase the old one is crashing...so in about 10 days I'll report back.
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

I couldn't download it. Is it at Scenario Depot II?
      Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
      http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

Sorry about that.

I just uploaded it to Scenario Depot II at http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/sc...k.html?sku=804

Comment

Just Dl'd it...will post review when completed....thanks
          The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
          Dwight D. Eisenhower
          April 16, 1953

Comment

Not too bad..had fun....after tring several strategies, I finally was able to kill 5, Immobilize 1, and one never enter battle

The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
            Dwight D. Eisenhower
            April 16, 1953

Comment

heres a shot of the aftermath:

Dwight D. Eisenhower
              April 16, 1953

Comment

Wow, pretty impressive. I noticed that sticking near that patch of forest gives you more cover than at the base of the hill to the west. Not sure if the writer had in mind that the patch of forest to the east of the road was to be as thick as it was, but it does provide good cover as well as being extremely close to the tanks as they roll by.

I tried splitting up my forces by putting half near the patch of forest and the other half at the base of the hill to give the tanks a pincer attack. I managed to get 4 tanks and immobilize one, but the remaining tanks took their hell on the guys near the hill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X