Crusader Kings: Deus Vult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Kings: Deus Vult

New York, USA (July 31, 2007) - Paradox Interactive announced today an expansion pack to Crusader Kings, their grand strategy game for players vying to create the most powerful dynasty of medieval Europe.

Play as the leader of a glorious dynasty in the period of 1066 to 1453 A.D. Your task? Amass prestige; increase the greatness of your lands and your treasure coffins, build Cathedrals and Castles, appoint vassals and battle traitors, introduce laws and set taxes while interacting with hundreds of courtiers and nobles.

In addition to a graphical overhaul to increase player experience, the epic and intense strategy expansion Deus Vult brings:

· Various added inter-character relations, representing loyalty inside courts, relations between countries, as well as friends and rivals for all characters. No longer will realms just fall apart, a beleaguered King will always have friends who will support him. Also beware as your smoothly running realm could run into trouble when your nice loyal vassal becomes your rival.

· Introduction of new gameplay aspects like the stability affecting realms, numerous traits for characters and options for diplomacy, such as the possibility to send fosterlings to other courts. Plus an all-new system for children. No longer will a 3 year old be able to run a realm effectively. Children are all now born with 0 stats and then develop over childhood. YouŽll never know how good your heir will be until he matures.

· A revised interface to streamline gameplay, with several completely redesigned windows. Immediate alert icons highlight immediate problems with your realm and a full ledger with more than a dozen detailed pages.

· A variety of new events as well as a substantial amount of changes and improvements to the tools used by modders.

Deus Vult is scheduled for a release in late September, 2007 and will be available through digital download on GamersGate. The game will retail for $14.99/14.99.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

For those of you who have never had the privelge of playing Crusader Kings, it is one of the finest examples of strategy gaming ever to grace a desktop.You to Gamer's gate and buy CK today, register at the Paradox forums and download the latest patch (1.05) and soon you'll be in crusading bliss. The game itself is highly modable. The save game opens with a simple notepad program, and you can modify just about anything. Wanna trigger an event, just press F12 in game and type provevent or charevent, whichever is appropriate and BAM, you get more money, or a Civil War, whatever you want.

It takes a while to get the hang of it, I will admit, but this game is fan-freaking-tastic. Get it today!
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

CK is a deeply, deeply flawed game

however saying that, it is fun and gives you a sense of 'being there', which IMHO is the #1 duty of a strategy game
      The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved.

- Gore Vidal

Comment

Originally posted by Krasny View Post
        CK is a deeply, deeply flawed game

however saying that, it is fun and gives you a sense of 'being there', which IMHO is the #1 duty of a strategy game
        You can't get off that easily. Why is it flawed?

Comment

Interesting, if I wasn't going to college soon I might consider getting CK and trying it out.
          And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
          Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
          Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
          Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

Those sound like great improvements. As much as I do think the game is great (really the only realistic medieval game I know), I always hated how everyone lived only to stab each other in the back and no-one was loyal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cobb View Post
              You can't get off that easily. Why is it flawed?
              1. the way the crusades are handled is ahistorical. the game is called crusader kings, you would have thought the first thing they would do is developed a good crusade system and develop the game from there

even the rubbish (from a strategy point of view) MTW handles crusades better than CK

crusades were a collective army of christendom, CK handles them like a whole lot of individual armies

2. vassals have way too much autonomy compared to what they had historically

3. muslim armies can freely march through christian lands and attack england (or wherever, i was playing england)

4. ahistorical movement. this is a common problem with all paradox games (except the HoI series). historically there would be a single army, led by a king or senior noble, CK lets you move and control unlimited numbers of seperate armies and micromanage them

even when taking the above problems into account, CK is still a fun and addictive game, let gives the player a sense of 'being there'
              The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved.

- Gore Vidal

Comment

I always enjoyed Crusader Kings, but it was never one of my favorite games.

However, one great AAR I read online rekindled my interest in the game many months ago, and I want to share it with you guys!

Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales)

It really is an excellent (and hilarious) tale!

Well worth the time, in my opinion.

Comment

New York, USA (October 4, 2007) – Paradox Interactive announced today the release of their new - download only - expansion: Crusader Kings: Deus Vult. The expansision is now available for download on GamersGate and is retailing for $14.99. Strategy gamers missing the original Crusader Kings will be able to find it on GamersGate as well.

Critics have called Crusader Kings an impressive addition to the Europe Universalis family. Aim to create the most powerful dynasty of medieval Europe in the period of 1066 to 1453 A.D. Amass prestige; increase the greatness of your lands and your treasure coffins, build Cathedrals and Castles, appoint vassals and battle traitors, introduce laws and set taxes while interacting with hundreds of courtiers and nobles.

The much awaited expansion Deus Vult brings:

·A graphical overhaul to increase player experience

·Various added inter-character relations, representing loyalty inside courts, relations between countries, as well as friends and rivals for all characters. No longer will realms just fall apart, a beleaguered King will always have friends who will support him. Also beware as your smoothly running realm could run into trouble when your nice loyal vassal becomes your rival.

·Introductions of new gameplay aspects like the stability affecting realms, numerous traits for characters and options for diplomacy, such as the possibility to send fosterlings to other courts. In addition an all-new system for children has been added. No longer will a 3 year old be able to run a realm effectively. Children are all now born with 0 stats and then develop over childhood. You'll never know how good your heir will be until he matures.

·A revised interface to streamline gameplay, with several completely redesigned windows. Immediate alert icons highlight immediate problems with your realm and a full ledger with more than a dozen detailed pages.

·A variety of new events as well as a substantial amount of changes and improvements to the tools used by modders.

Read the brief gamer overview here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php
                  Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I disagree with your single army statement. The Black Prince could fight separate operations from his father and, I believe, the French revival had several forces.

Also, some crusades weren't unitary. The First Crusade saw at least two contigents going off on their own.

Comment

I disagree with your single army statement. The Black Prince could fight separate operations from his father and, I believe, the French revival had several forces.

Also, some crusades weren't unitary. The First Crusade saw at least two contigents going off on their own.
                      yeah but in CK you can micromange any number of small forces

and in CK the norm is LOTS of little crusades, most of them vassals trying to make a name for themselves, perhaps CK should be renamed Crusader Counts

i think MtW handled crusades a lot better than CK

- Gore Vidal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X