No announcement yet.

AGEOD Civil War game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got this game this week and it is IN DEPTH! A little daunting at first and it could use a larger manual, but after you figure out a couple of things - setting up divisions, handling supply - it gets easier. There is a wiki available that helps and the community is active and quick to answer questions.

All and all good stuff
    "General Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk; and now, sir, we stand by each other always."

- William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

Yes, it's great and I recommend it. Yet, if you're talking DEPTH, you're talking Forge of Freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cobb View Post
        Yes, it's great and I recommend it. Yet, if you're talking DEPTH, you're talking Forge of Freedom.
        Really? I gave up on FoF last month. Although, I didn't dedicate any time to tactical battles and focused on the strategic portion only - instant combat.

I'm guessing you are referring to the tactical side.
        "General Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk; and now, sir, we stand by each other always."

Comment

Actually, improving research, economy and generals.

Comment

I'd say that the Gov requests add some flavor with FoF and give it a 'political' flavor. Purchasing weapons is not a bad idea, although some could classify it as micromanaging. AACW does abstract buildings and FoF gives you the option of choosing what to build, so in FoF you have more control of the economy to an extent. AACW has some cool features to, mobilization, bonds, call for volunteers, etc...

As an operations game and the sheer amount of regions to control, AACW give the player more options as to how to persecute the war. AACW has a deeper understanding of loyalties and control of provinces, while FoF is a simple win or lose. In FoF if you are in a province, you own it and get everything that goes with it. In AACW, you must not only control the province but the people in it. And heck, the map on AACW sure is purty!

Comment

AGEOD's New Napoleonic Game

Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
              I'll have to check that out then. There aren't any Napoleonic grand strategy games I know of.
              They put out a great strategic warfare game in November. It is called "Napoleon's Campaigns." A great game. Here is a link with the details:
              http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/
              It is a turn-based game with play against the AI, play by email (pbem).
              Here is a brief video tutorial about game play, by the game's co-designer:
              http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/overview3.en.html

I have managed to become a beta tester for the game, even though it has been out for about two months.

Comment

I would call Nappy's Campaign more operational than strategic. AGEOD is working on a strategic version.

Comment

I plan on getting this game as soon as a I get a lot of money (i.e. a job). Possibly the Napoleon game as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X