Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGEOD Civil War game

All,
    I strongly recommend AGEOD's The American Civil War: 1861-1865.

I didnt think they could out-do Birth of America, but this game is even better.

Yeah, serious contender for strategy game of the year me think.

Did you see they are going Napoleon now?

Comment

I'll have to check that out then. There aren't any Napoleonic grand strategy games I know of.

Comment

The game is a blast so far, and is both accessible and deep.

A great mix, if you ask me!

They didn't.

Comment

I have this game and its highly addictive. Has great replay value. Will definently reccomend it to anyone.
          The Texan has spoken, and approves of this message

Comment

New Official North American Web Site for AGEOD's American Civil War

Cary, NC, Dec. 5 -- cdv Software Entertainment USA today launched the official North American Web site for AGEOD’s American Civil War: 1861-1865 – The Blue and the Gray, their upcoming American Civil War strategy game. The new site offers in-depth information about the game, developed by acclaimed designer Philippe Thibaut, along with screens, unit renders and more. For more information about the game, which features some of the most famous campaigns of the war, along with meticulously detailed units and the largest map created for a Civil War title, please visit the new official site at http://civilwar.cdvusa.com.
            Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Wallpapers available for AGEOD's American Civil War: 1861-1865 – The

cdv Software Entertainment USA, a leading publisher of strategy gaming titles in North America, is pleased to release several new wallpapers from their upcoming game – AGEOD’s American Civil War: 1861-1865 – The Blue and The Gray. The upcoming game, created by acclaimed Europa Universalis designer Philippe Thibaut, will challenge gamers as they battle their way through a historically accurate re-enactment of the American Civil War, while taking on the roles of politicians, logisticians and military strategists. More information about AGEOD’s American Civil War: 1861-1865 – The Blue and The Gray is available at http://www.cdvus.com.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I'm not at all familiar with the arcanes of the gaming industry but isn't AACW already distributed in the US by Matrix Games? why is CDV re-releasing the game like one year after?

By the way, AGEOD is working on a revamped version of Birth of America with a map twice as big and that will cover not only the French & Indian War but also the War of Independence and the War of 1812!

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                  By the way, AGEOD is working on a revamped version of Birth of America with a map twice as big and that will cover not only the French & Indian War but also the War of Independence and the War of 1812!
                  I thought BoA already covered the Revolutionary War?
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

It will be BoA2.
                    Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it!

Comment

The game has a big lead thus far in the Usenet Wargame of the Year voting. Their Napoleonic game is in second place. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....836298dc1e4cd3
                      Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
                      http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

I don't think Matrix is the exclusive US distributor, they are only an online digital download partner (that can provid a boxed version).
                        I think cdv is gonna be the US distributor for retail stores.
                        So the cdv release will be the offical US release.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
                          I'll have to check that out then. There aren't any Napoleonic grand strategy games I know of.
                          Napoleon's campaign's is noy a grand strategy game; it's a collection of separate campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragos View Post
                            All,
                            I strongly recommend AGEOD's The American Civil War: 1861-1865.

I didnt think they could out-do Birth of America, but this game is even better.
                            Thanks! I've been thinking about getting this game for a couple of week now and this may make me move forward with purchase.
                            "General Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk; and now, sir, we stand by each other always."

- William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

AGEOD's American Civil War Goes Gold

Cary, NC, January 15, 2008 – cdv Software Entertainment USA is pleased to announce that their American Civil War-themed game, AGEOD's American Civil War: 1861-1865 -- The Blue and The Gray, has gone gold and is on track to begin shipping to retail outlets on January 28. The game, created by acclaimed designer Philippe Thibaut, focuses on key battles of one of the bloodiest conflicts in American history, and puts players in the combined role of diplomat, logistician and strategist. For more information about the game, please visit http://civilwar.cdvus.com.
                              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X