No announcement yet.

Where to get Civil War Generals 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mackie, BTW, I tried to send you a PM but it said your box is full! Just a heads up lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Wik View Post
      Thanks Mackie, BTW, I tried to send you a PM but it said your box is full! Just a heads up lol!
      No problem. Cleared out my PM box, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Really appreciate all the help. It appears everything is nearly installed. I do have one final question though.

In the files I downloaded, there is a patch for the "newest" version. I get a similar error, it says my version of windows isn't compatible...any idea about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wik View Post
          Really appreciate all the help. It appears everything is nearly installed. I do have one final question though.

In the files I downloaded, there is a patch for the "newest" version. I get a similar error, it says my version of windows isn't compatible...any idea about this?
          Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I couldn't get it to work either so I download a program that extracted the contents of the patch executable.

Here's what to do:

Download the Universal Extractor Program and install.

Run it.

Select the patch file under 'Archive/Installer to Extract'.

Click OK.

A message will appear. The default option should work fine. Click OK.

Once the tool has finished go to the folder where the patch executable is.

Once there you should see a folder with the same name as the executable.

Access the folder. Select the files in the 'MAINDIR' folder and move them to the CWG2 folder. Let it overwrite the existing files.

Move the files in the 'SYS' folder to the CWG2 folder.*

The 'TEMP' folder contains the patch ReadMe files IIRC.

*I didn't do this initially and the game ran fine. To be honest, I have no idea where those go or what they are for but placing them in the main CWG2 folder seems logical. I just placed them there right now and the game still ran so installing them should be fine.

I posted this here instead of replying to your PM so anybody that needs the information can see it. After doing all this I would back up your CWG2 install folder so that if anything goes wrong you have CWG2 ready to run.

I can see why people go through all this for it. It's a very good game despite it's age.

Comment

Ya, I can't thank you enough. I haven't played the game in years and the resolution is HUGE lol but I love the game so much, it's a real treat to have back after all this time. So happy I found this place AND it saved me spending another 20-50 bucks on the game.

I'm off to fight the Civil War!

Comment

Originally posted by jhayman View Post
              I need to get a CWG2 disc - I have been playing for several years now but my disc is not working anymore (not reliably). Ned Jolley offered through these posts to burn a copy, but I don't know how to contact him or someone else who can help me. I have tried the downloading method enough times to realize that I am just not computer savvy enough to get it done that way.

Any help is desperately needed,

John Hayman
              Hi all,
              I actually found this site through this thread while I was searching for CWG2. I know this thread is REALLY old, but it would make my day if I could get a CD disk for this game. I absolutely love both this game and it's precursor Robert E. Lee: Civil War General. My disk got broken several years ago, and just like John, I am not computer savvy enough to get the download method to work. Thank you SO much.
              Timothy Buchanan

Comment

Originally posted by RELee View Post
                Hi all,
                I actually found this site through this thread while I was searching for CWG2. I know this thread is REALLY old, but it would make my day if I could get a CD disk for this game. I absolutely love both this game and it's precursor Robert E. Lee: Civil War General. My disk got broken several years ago, and just like John, I am not computer savvy enough to get the download method to work. Thank you SO much.
                Timothy Buchanan
                I'd be surprised if you get a disc version. If you tell me what problem your having with the download version I can see if I can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie View Post
                  I'd be surprised if you get a disc version. If you tell me what problem your having with the download version I can see if I can help you.

Hello Mackie,

I used your guidance here to assist in getting CWG2 installed on my Windows 7 64-bit pc and can't thank you enough for all the helpful information. I thought all was going well doing a campaign and after finishing Murfreesboro and getting the post battle status and selecting between Chancellorsville or Chickamauga the game locks up. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I have tried to reinstall, following the steps to a T.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I used to play REL CWG years ago and when I found that it wouldn't work on Windows 7 I was disappointed. I did not know that there was a work-around like this. Playing CWG2 has been awesome until now.....I hope you have a trick up your sleeve!

Thanks

Silvermane70

Comment

A curious version of CWG2

Need help, please : my version of CWG2 may be corrupted and I obtain now strange things when trying to play with

any suggestion ? It seems that my version of the game has made a big automatic jump to the futur. Have someone here encountered the same pb ?

Comment

any suggestion ? It seems that my version of the game has made a big automatic jump to the futur. Have someone here encountered the same pb ?

Comment

I started the battle in 1861 and now i have 1944 as time

Comment

really surprising with...

Comment

The concerned screen
                            is above

Comment

URL=http://www.imagup.com/data/1173101527.html][/URL]

It seems that Confederate army have made a kind of alliance with german Wehrmacht, and that Union army was now very modern.

[IMG][/IMG]

and in addition, all terrains are changed, now they look like a HPS simulation game. Any help to soplve the pb would be appreciated. Is it an effect of windows 7 ?
                              Last edited by welk; 17 Jan 13, 09:30.

Comment

Now, I see a complete panzer division running to the front !
                                [IMG][/IMG]

I am probably crazy. Need ūrgent help and some medical assistance, please

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X