Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Civil War Generals 2?

Hey all.

I am after both Robert E. Lee: Civil War GEneral, and Civil War General 2: Grant, Lee, Sherman (Or maybe I've got the three messed up). But, I can't find them at a good price. Anyone knows where I can get these for cheap? 10 dollars or so?
    History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

Home of the Underdogs has CWG2 available for download, it seems.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

You have to have the disk to play it though. Unless some one can figure out how to play it without the disk.
      History of War Podcast

Comment

To play without the disk go to http://groups.msn.com/CWG2/_whatsnew.msnw where there is a still active CWG2 group. They have directions.

Comment

CWG2 online

Sirs
          CWG2 is still alive and well on the net though our ranks have thinned considerably. We play at a multiplayer sight called kali. The version from the underdogs will work though there is some fiddling that must be done with the ddl files, and you do not need a disk. You can get the multiplayer patch and a no cd file from this site: http://pettigrew100.tripod.com/HQ/index.html
          He also has the largest collection of player created battles available. If anyone has problems downloading from the underdogs or just wants a copy of the game I will be glad to burn a copy and mail it to you at no charge. Just send me a email with your mailing address and I will get it to you pronto.
          Yer Humble Servant
          Ned Jolley
          Last edited by NedJolley; 13 Mar 10, 16:01.

Comment

I want the game please!

yeh i was wondering could you burn the cd and send me one please my address is 1024 vintonwoods dr, Forest Park, GA, you can contact me at [email protected]
            Last edited by Dustin; 19 Aug 10, 00:29.

Comment

Civil War Generals 2 is available for free on several classic games sites.

You will have to consult your own intellectual property attorney for a legal opinion on whether this is truly abandon-ware or not.
              Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
              http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

I need to get a CWG2 disc - I have been playing for several years now but my disc is not working anymore (not reliably). Ned Jolley offered through these posts to burn a copy, but I don't know how to contact him or someone else who can help me. I have tried the downloading method enough times to realize that I am just not computer savvy enough to get it done that way.

Any help is desperately needed,

John Hayman

Comment

CWG2 disc

Has anyone been able to get a CWG2 disc? I am getting tired of my old disc "quitting" on me, just when I'm finally winning.....

Comment

Burned copy please

Hey Ned, if your offer to burn the game is still open, i'd love a copy of it. I've been searching for this game for a while now, and this offer is the best i've seen. Here's my address, just drop me a line if ya don't mind, I'm active duty military, thats why my address looks all funny. Thanks,

Richard Hodges
                    PSC 37 Box 885
                    APO, AE 09459

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin View Post
                      yeh i was wondering could you burn the cd and send me one please my address is 1024 vintonwoods dr, Forest Park, GA,
                      It's probably not smart to put your address out in public...

Comment

CWG2 Game

Generals
                        I apologize for being awol. It has been a tough spring/summer/fall and frankly I found this site late one night and haven't been back since (or checked my email). I have had computer problems throughout but I believe I finally have it sorted out. I am working today/night but will start burning copies tomorrow. Someone made a post saying its not a good idea to post your address and I would have to concur. I will send a copy to anyone who requests one.Thanks again for your understanding and I will be in touch with all who requested a copy soon.
                        Yer humble Servant
                        Ned Jolley

Comment

I didn't realize this old topic was still running. Someone should catch it.
                          History of War Podcast

Comment

Cwg2

I too would like to have a copy of Civil War Generals 2
                            my address is C, Edel 220 mountview Ln. # 21
                            Col. Springs, CO. 80907 PN ( 405) 512-1604
                            Im willing to pay for it. Thanks

Comment

Hey all

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X