TOAW III Blitz Sale!!! 40% Off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOAW III Blitz Sale!!! 40% Off!!!

For the next 71.5 hours only, TOAW III is available at the Matrix store for 40% off! If you've been holding out, then now's your opportunity to get in on the best deal in Computer Wargaming!
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

For those of us not "in the know", can you provide a link? What's the regularly scheduled price?
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
      For those of us not "in the know", can you provide a link? What's the regularly scheduled price?
      Normal price is at 39$ iirc, and 24$ during the 3-day Blitz sale. I can only encourage people who never tried TOAW to take advantage of it, it's the game of a lifetime! (playing it for like ten years now and I still consider it the best PC wargame ever )

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/sat5/...ACHE_ID=119338

Comment

That is indeed a sweet price.

Only downside, is I already own it hehe.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

thanx for the update, downloading now .

Comment

Sure after I buy it at full price they put it on sale. Oh well it was still worth it.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Thanks for the purchases...at any price.
              I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                That is indeed a sweet price.

Only downside, is I already own it hehe.
                Get two - at that price, they're a steal...

Hmm, seriously though - it *is* a good price - any grogs that might be swayed to the 'dark side' with a gift like that?
                "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks (again) for the purchases, guys. Enjoy!

For the rest of you gamers out there, don't let this slip by you. You only have about 9 hours left to grab the best deal in computer wargaming!

Comment

I currently play and devote all my PC gaming time to Combat Mission. In the past i have enjoyed East Front, West Front & Rising Sun. How much of a step up from those types of games, the last three, is TOAWIII? I also understand that TOAWIII covers many wars and time frames. What all eras can you fight in? This game does sound interesting. Thanks for the info.
                    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Originally posted by KGPanzerschrecK View Post
                      I currently play and devote all my PC gaming time to Combat Mission. In the past i have enjoyed East Front, West Front & Rising Sun. How much of a step up from those types of games, the last three, is TOAWIII? I also understand that TOAWIII covers many wars and time frames. What all eras can you fight in? This game does sound interesting. Thanks for the info.
                      I've only given a cursory playing to the Campaign Series games. I enjoyed the production qualities, and the gameplay, but I am just not much of a fan of Tactical level combat games - whether on the computer, or the game table. Likewise, with Combat Mission. I never got into it, for two reasons, the aforementioned, and the fact that I don't really enjoy WEGO type games. In short, tactical level games just don't "grab" me.

TOAW III is a turn-based, operational level game that does have incredible depth, and to play it at "top-levels" requires a bit of a learning curve to be mastered. That said, it can also be played more casually with much less involvement on the part of the player in understanding the nuts and bolts of the game. In fact, many PBEM players do prefer to seek out less competitive players just to lower their own stress levels.

The game can cover from about 1870-present day with relative ease, and has been extended, with varying success by some creative scenario designers, to the early 1800's. It's "sweet spot" is WWII-Korean Conflict era, 10 Km per hex, regimental to brigade sized units. However, the game easily scales fairly well a couple of degrees in either direction on both hex and unit scales, with competent work by the designer, of course.

Several active communities can be found to help you locating opponents, or to simply answer questions. Over the course of the years, I've found the TOAW crowd to comprise some of the least pretentious, and most helpful communities that I've ever found online. Of course there are exceptions, but that's usually either before I've had my coffee, or had too much of it...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Wow, a game that covers that much territory. Id be interested in the lower end of the scale of games to start with. Its too bad this game doesnt reach back to the American Civil War, that would be awesome and open up sales to whole new customer base. Germans marching into Paris to The current Iraqi conflict and beyond all in one game is hard to beat. Ill definately look into this more. Thanks again.

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

It does reach back to the ACW actually, some people have designed scenarios about it, and more are still to come now that designers have the possibility to edit the equipment database, making the possibilities virtually endless (although keeping in mind, like James points out, that TOAW's forte is the WW2 operational level battle).

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                            It does reach back to the ACW actually, some people have designed scenarios about it, and more are still to come now that designers have the possibility to edit the equipment database, making the possibilities virtually endless (although keeping in mind, like James points out, that TOAW's forte is the WW2 operational level battle).
                            Couldnt the designers come out with a patch that could cover say the Napoleonic or ACW wars up to say the Zulu wars for example and fix the equipment database?

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Originally posted by KGPanzerschrecK View Post
                              Couldnt the designers come out with a patch that could cover say the Napoleonic or ACW wars up to say the Zulu wars for example and fix the equipment database?
                              FYI, the designer of TOAW, Norm Koger, designed another game years ago, Age of Rifles. It covers the period 1840-1910. I used to enjoy it. Guess I'd need DOSBox or something to get it to run on my current system, though.

AOR had scenarios from most all wars of the period. Had an editor, too.

Some folks are still playing AOR; you can find fan sites if you look around.
                              --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X