Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade to TOAW III...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantis
    replied
    I have been following the development of that game for a long, loooong time now. I was overjoyed when Matrix saved it from the vaporware graveyard, although it's still been some time since any new information was passed on.

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    What you need is World In Flames from Matrix, if they ever release it some day

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied
    It's gonna happen one of these years...

But consider - Currently 8 games of EA going on CoW. Most of these games are in '40 or '41. The scenario is still evolving in T3, but it's still buggy, and I can't begin another one 'til I stomp (or get stomped) in at least a couple of these games... I think I can wait it out a bit!

it *is* coming, though. Here's a thread over there where I've started a discussion on my WWII dream game. You guys should help me along with the theory!

Mantis' WWII Dream Game

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mantis View Post
    Ouch! New one on me. Does that work in CoW as well as in T3? Or just a result of some of the old code in the new packaging?
    Time to jump into the 21st Century Shane and update to TOAW III

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Mantis View Post
    Ouch! New one on me. Does that work in CoW as well as in T3? Or just a result of some of the old code in the new packaging?
    Hey Shane, good to see you! Hope all is well these days.

This bug is in CoW as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JAMiAM
    replied
    The real answer to that, as always, is "when it's ready". However, just between you and me...<looks about to spot any eavesdroppers>..."soon"...

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Hmm it's all very well James but the real question now is: how long will it be delayed? are you talking days? weeks, more?

Leave a comment:

• Yet another reason to ditch TOAW-CoW, and upgrade to TOAW III...

...at least after this upcoming patch, that is.

Bartek, a member of the CSTO Group, and player at the Blitz Gaming Ladder, discovered a bug that is currently in TOAW III, and is left over from bad code in Century of Warfare. As it is now, in both games, if you have airmobile units, board helicopters, and then fly over a known enemy unit, if you left click (instead of right-clicking to disembark) then the entire force of the other player will be revealed, and you will gain FULL control over his units. This allows all sorts of cheating to occur. You can move the enemy units, change their deployments, break them down, change their loss tolerances, and disband them, etc.

This discovery was considered important enough for us to delay the patch that we were almost finished QA testing on, and to incorporate a fix for this problem. It is very similar to, and essentially the same thing as the "3 Escape" exploit that still exists in TOAW-CoW.

We hope the community understands the gravity of this exploit, and forgives the delay of the TOAW III patch, so that it can be fixed as soon as possible. We don't want you all to have to have to wait through another patch cycle to have this very important bug fixed.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we will be able to do for those who are still playing Century of Warfare, since that product is no longer supported.

--- TOAD Team

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X