Pacific Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Storm

So I had this game for about 2 months now and during my busy time schedule I have finally have gotten to battle the Japanese. I have a quesion to see if anybody else has come across this problem...why is it when I do an auto battle with major fleet engagements the Japanese, wipes out my forces?

ex:

US 12 aircraft carries (Lexington/Essex mix)
    6 Battleships (4 Colorado/2 Iowa classes)
    10 heavy cruisers
    24 light cruisers
    58 destroyers

and aprrox. 1200 aircraft

Japanese forces
    6 aircraft carriers
    4 battleships
    8 heavy cruisers (approx)
    16 light cruisers
    30 destroyers (approx)

and approx. 600 aircraft

Because the game engine wants to force you to play tactical.

Comment

There's a couple thing that could be involved...

-Training... there's no way green recruits can win against vets in this game when outnumbering them less than 3-1 if you do auto-battles; if you jump in, they'll have a decent chance. I've had 500 elite soldiers defend an island against multiple 2000-soldier assault and win... likewise I've had 40 torpedo planes not take out 4 destroyes...

-Supplies... I've rarely run out of ammo, but when your fleet runs low on fuel, they're almost guaranteed to lose auto-battles that you as a player could (or even would) win. I lost an entire task force like you have above to a lot less simply because I let the computer fight it and I was running low on fuel.

I've played the game 3 times and each time I've been stalemated short of victory because I can't get enough supplies moving across the Pacific to the forward bases (of course auto-supplying bases is chewing up transports and tankers like they were candy, but I've tried manual and had other issues like bases dying off and being invaded) and it's a race against the Japanese to see who can get more soldiers to each base to take it back from the last time it was taken.
      If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X