Heroes V Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes V Beta

The Heroes of Might and Magic V beta is out finally, although right now it's a Fileplanet exclusive beta. I paid for a month subscription to Fileplanet just for this, and it's downloading right now.

I'll let every one know how it is soon.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Warning, I haven't tried it yet, but as it was finishing downloading I discovered that the AI is disabled in the Beta, and that it's multiplayer only.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
      Warning, I haven't tried it yet, but as it was finishing downloading I discovered that the AI is disabled in the Beta, and that it's multiplayer only.
      Ouch. And they didn't tell you up front?
      "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
      - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
      - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gobeavs
        Ouch. And they didn't tell you up front?
        Well from the links through Fileplanet and everything I didn't see it. I still haven't played, but when I went to the beta forums after it was downloading I discovered the fact.

Comment

My experience with this beta file option, wasted my time.

Ok the game likely is on my buy list, but this beta is a waste of time all the same.

Maybe I am just not into online playing enough. But, I installed the game, then got an online account, and then went through a process of never being able to find a game. I am not sure what's up with people normally, but the process of finding a game, and actually joining one turned me off.

I think it was more the players though not the software. Too many people not thinking of what they were doing, or maybe just clicking buttons to fast, or something else.

Either way, this Beta is not offering you an easy free peek eh, if that is what you are wanting. You'll be likely happier looking at the many screen shots out there.

I uninstalled and deleted the files. I'm going to wait to see the actual game instead.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Well a completely surprise reformatting has set me back anyway... argh.

Comment

I have thought about it, and I have to admit, if I was not actually intending to reload the OS (as I intentionally do periodically) chances are I wouldn't have even loaded the Beta at all.

Folks, this game will feature the oft mentioned and oft maligned Star Force.
              This much I know, as you witness it installed during installing the game eh.

Yep the copy protection we all hear about a lot. Some say it's ok, doesn't do anything obnoxious, and some say it folds spindles and mutilates your system's set up.

It doesn't really matter as much to me, as like I say, I routinely reload the OS any way.

But, Star Force, might just screw up my system, or not. I am not interested in finding out it did at a moment when I don't have time to deal with it eh.
              And my hardware comes and goes all to often. Today's assortment of parts might not be tomorrow's assortment of parts. So I can't just assume anything will be as it was yesterday.

I am almost positive I am buying the game. Almost no chance of it being a "maybe". The wife and son have been anxiously awaiting it, since they first found out it was in development.

But concerning Star Force, it won't be welcome on my system.

And if that means I buy a copy just so I can say I am entitled to play it, and then I use a cracked no bloody Star Force download, so be it.
              They won't have any right to say I don't own the game. Just means my back up copy will look amazingly like the original copy instead.

Just my way of saying take your Star Force and ram it.

Comment

Erm for the record, my sudden need to reformat had nothing to do the with the beta, I hadn't even installed it yet.

Comment

Les,

Take it from me trying to disable starforce and play a game is nigh impossible. If you do do it its s case of really going around the houses before its done. Some even have to unplug hardware!

If I really waat a game and it had starforce I'd install the damn thing. I have had it on my PC before and have had no problems what so ever.
                  Lesliesplace forum

Leslies place. Come on in and enjoy the company of a few good people.

Comment

heh, I didn't even install starforce when I got SuperPower2

it got to the bit in the installation, "please put CD key in", after the game itself had been installed, and a quick visit to GCW, and the game runs fine (except for the non starforce bugs ofc)

not entirely legal, but what's legal about scragging my system because I have a lesser known CD drive?
                    Now listening too;
                    - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Well it's a hassle, but I do have one small option.

I wouldn't do it for any other game, but I could always set up a partition, load a stripped down OS, nothing but the OS, no other apps, and just run the game out of that.

If it botched the OS's ability to run anything "in the usual way" well it wouldn't matter inside that OS install. Just basically makes me waste 4-5 perfectly good gigs of hard drive space. But what the heck, I have 120 gigs to waste hehe.

I already have a "Games OS" where I install all my wargames safe from any other operations on the computer. I find there are no shortages of programs that bugger up a perfectly decent install of my wargames.

The numbers of people that have not had trouble, seem to out number the numbers that have had troubles. I just don't wish to roll the die and see which group I get to join.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X