Combat Mission: Afrika Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Mission: Afrika Corps

Soooo, guess what Santa brought me this year? I woke up on Christmas morning, ran downstairs at the crack of dawn, and found a little gem in my stocking.

I've newly rediscovered this game after trying it out a couple years ago...and my first battle is against none other than Doctor Sinister! I'll see if we can get a small AAR here...to start off the turn-based game forum in style.

I need to go over to SZO while he isn't looking and read up on some strategy.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

CM:AK is one of my favorite games of all time. I am anxious to see what they do with the next generation of the CM series.

If I could have only one thing it would be a better way to see the terrain elevation without having to go to ground level and look over the whole map. Isn't there some relatively easy system of shading or topo lines they could use?

Anyone have any tips on how they get a feel for the lay of the land in the CM Series?
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weider
      CM:AK is one of my favorite games of all time. I am anxious to see what they do with the next generation of the CM series.

If I could have only one thing it would be a better way to see the terrain elevation without having to go to ground level and look over the whole map. Isn't there some relatively easy system of shading or topo lines they could use?

Anyone have any tips on how they get a feel for the lay of the land in the CM Series?
      I think there are mods you can DL which will grade the terrain for you. Also, grids that help to show the topography. I don't use them myself as I prefer it "pure".

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I'm anxiously waiting CM's modern iteration - I'm just no good with WW2
        Now listening too;
        - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov
          I'm anxiously waiting CM's modern iteration - I'm just no good with WW2
          Give it a try,i wasnt good either until i had played Hearts of Iron 2.
          "In times of change learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists."

Comment

Originally posted by liuzg150181
            Give it a try,i wasnt good either until i had played Hearts of Iron 2.
            oh don't get me wrong; I've played WW2 games - I actually own all the CM titles, hell I've even helped develop WW2 games - but the period just doesn't hold my interest.

maybe it was growing up in the 80's <shrug>
            Now listening too;
            - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
              I need to go over to SZO while he isn't looking and read up on some strategy.
              Well, we have contact - my mighty Panzers have just opened fire on your puny forces.

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

oh don't get me wrong; I've played WW2 games - I actually own all the CM titles, hell I've even helped develop WW2 games - but the period just doesn't hold my interest.

Understood,actually after playing so much WW2 theme games i am getting knd of tired and looking to other eras of warfare.
                "In times of change learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists."

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                  I think there are mods you can DL which will grade the terrain for you. Also, grids that help to show the topography. I don't use them myself as I prefer it "pure".

Dr. S.
                  If anyone can point me to where these topo mods (which show elevation) might be found I would be grateful.
                  Publisher
                  Armchair General Magazine
                  Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weider
                    If anyone can point me to where these topo mods (which show elevation) might be found I would be grateful.
                    I'll take a look but CMMods might be a good place to start - requires registration though.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Try here!

http://abacus.bates.edu/~bpfohl/cmakgrid.html

Hmmm...link is a bit temperamental...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

We're like soul mates or something Ivan.

I'd much much much rather a cold war or modern period game than a WWII one.
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

HEY! What a coincidence! I also got CM:AK for Christmas! Strange the way things turn out eh? Anyways, I desperately need tips!! I loaded the game up and promptly was annihalated on the TRAINING MISSION!! you know, the one against the entrenched Italians! Oh what an embarassment!

Anyways, could use help!
                          Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGeezer
                            HEY! What a coincidence! I also got CM:AK for Christmas! Strange the way things turn out eh? Anyways, I desperately need tips!! I loaded the game up and promptly was annihalated on the TRAINING MISSION!! you know, the one against the entrenched Italians! Oh what an embarassment!

Anyways, could use help!
                            Tip number 1:Wait until SZO forum reopens then go there to seek advice.

Also you can read up on how WW2 battles were being waged,gives you the idea on how you should use your arsenals.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X