No announcement yet.

Civilization IV Review at Armchair General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A week off from work and CivIV installed on my computer. In wonder how I will ever pass the time

They have really once and for all solved the micromanagment problem this time, wonderfull gameplay and you can for once manage your empire in a good manner.

I must however admit that I miss the ability to nudge cities into revolt with spies as a compliment to superiour culture. That and of course all the civs that where included in PTW and Conquest. But I guess the game is fantastic anyway...
    "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
      Yeah well. That's what they get for shipping a game that so many people have trouble with in late stages.
      I thought the review might have been a tad low on first glance, but I trusted James to make the call. It turns out I completely agree with him. The difference in scoring comes from the technical problems. I've had the dang thing crash on me several times in the late stages...my spaceship movie (for victory) crashed on me...and while the game was fun up until that point, I am very disappointed in the bugs later in the game. I won't even play it again until they come out with a patch. I think it would have been a mistake to simply overlook those problems and score it too high.

I've not had any other game crash on me like this.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
        I thought the review might have been a tad low on first glance, but I trusted James to make the call. It turns out I completely agree with him. The difference in scoring comes from the technical problems. I've had the dang thing crash on me several times in the late stages...my spaceship movie (for victory) crashed on me...and while the game was fun up until that point, I am very disappointed in the bugs later in the game. I won't even play it again until they come out with a patch. I think it would have been a mistake to simply overlook those problems and score it too high.

I've not had any other game crash on me like this.

Aye, the problem was I couldn't particularly hold it too much against the game, because I haven't run into a single problem myself (aside from the random bug I mention in the review about it loading me as the wrong Civ).

Which is more than I can say about that UFO Aftershock game....
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X