Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 16

Dahr El Ahmar

You can see the Syrians pulling back quite a bit in this sector. I am taking the opportunity to bring up additional infantry. I'll swing through the woods and make my way towards HILL 1145.

You can see his flight of Gazelle's hovering around HILL 1145, just out of range of my AAA. Being there, he is gaining excellent intel on my movements as I surround Dahr El Ahmar.

The west flank is steadily advancing causing the T-72's to head for the hills. As far as I am concerned, this sector is now secure and I am just mopping up.

Kfar Mechki

HILL 1212 is still being contested, I will have to bring some additional reinforcements over here if I plan on holding it.

The battle of Kfar Mechki is going well. I am giving my forces a rest before I attempt to enter the town, letting them recover from disruptions and morale losses.

My Cobra's are doing their job and destroying any tank that they can see. I do have to choose my targets wisely, as my ammunition is limited.

Here is the same view but in the isometric 3D mode!

HILL 941

Ambush Alley? I think that's appropriate. My TOW armed jeeps are causing some havoc, taking out T-62's where I can. The two Magach 6 platoons at the top of the map are holding their own against any advance from HILL 941 so far.

Strength

Fortunately, the Syrian losses keep on racking up while my losses are staying fairly consistent.

Petho Cartography

Campaign Series Legion

NEW RELEASE!
    Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985

Comment

Turn 17

Dahr El Ahmar

In an effort to completely encircle the Syrians north of Dahr El Ahmar, I am moving up both flanks with infantry and some tank support. The Syrians are pulling out Dahr El Ahmar more swiftly now, as the position is no longer tenable.

The majority of the wrecks west of Dah El Ahmar are his T-72's, fortunately for me. There are a few straggler platoons left that I am trying to acquire with my M150's.

Here's a 3D view of the action at Dahr El Ahmar.

Kfar Mechki

HILL 1212 is slowly falling into Syrian hands. If I don't get some support up there pronto, the hill will fall.

The battle of Kfar Mechki will start next turn. My infantry has recovered mostly and ready to attempt to assault the position. I will also creep towards the valley floor where the 100 Victory Point location is and see if I can recapture it.

HILL 941

More reinforcements have arrived for the Syrians. While they are prime position for my TOW armed vehicles across the valley, their Opportunity Fire is also taking its toll on my forces.

Hopefully I can continue to hold them here for a bit longer.

Petho Cartography

Campaign Series Legion

NEW RELEASE!

Comment

Turn 20

Hmm, it appears in my excitement, I had forgotten to take screenshots of Turns 18 and 19.

Overview

Here is the overall situation. The last few turns things have been going fairly well for me, no complaints there. I still have that thorn in my side at HILL 941, but otherwise, progress is being made.

Dahr El Ahmar

The last remnants of the Syrians in this sector as slowly being eliminated. I will continue the advance north to see if I can mop up the rest by the end of the game.

Kfar Mechki

Over the last couple of turns I have been assaulting the town of Kfar Mechki. It has been a heated exchange, and we have been swapping the 100 Victory Point location each turn. I am taking heavy losses, but I am ready to hold the town.

HILL 1212 has remained in my possession.

Here is a 3D view of the above.

HILL 941

The last few turns has seen me render the T-62 tank battalion effectively useless. Had my Cobra's not shown up on scene, this flanking move would have been the end of my position. Yay for TOW's!

Status

I have secured a Major Victory by a fair amount.

Last edited by Jason Petho; 27 Mar 16, 14:44.
        Petho Cartography

Campaign Series Legion

NEW RELEASE!

Comment

Turn 21

Dahr El Ahmar

I have secured the last Victory Point Location north of Dahr El Ahmar. I will spend the last turn hunting down any remaining Syrians in this sector that I find.

Kfar Mechki

Kfar Mechki and HILL 1212 are both in my possession. Since there is only one turn left, I should be able to maintain my presence here.

Having a Magach 6 platoon on top of HILL 1212 allows me to destroy any light armoured vehicles in the valley below.

Petho Cartography

Campaign Series Legion

NEW RELEASE!

Comment

Turn 22 - End of Game

Dahr El Ahmar

Dahr El Ahmar is secure and I have been rounding up the last few Syrians.

Kfar Mechki

Kfar Mechki and HILL 1212 have remained under my control. A lot of losses in this sector, but my forces held firm.

The fighting around here over the last 10 turns had me the most worried.

Overview

Here are the final positions for the Israeli's. The west side stayed pretty well the same from the beginning, the east had a lot of changes.

Strength

I lost a lot of my Magach 6's, but maintained my kill ratio's against the Syrians.

Using all of the troops at my disposal to the best of their abilities, I was able to make a seemingly unbalanced and losing situation into a Major Victory.
            Petho Cartography

Campaign Series Legion

NEW RELEASE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X