No announcement yet.

Introducing "Combat Operations", a new realistic operational level of war game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing "Combat Operations", a new realistic operational level of war game

I have an exclusive preview of this upcoming game at my blog (Real and Simulated Wars)

Combat Operations

The designer/developer of this game is an indie and I am really thrilled to see his game coming into this advanced stage of development.

Take a look, enjoy and ask questions.

Cheers,
    Real and Simulated Wars, Stray thoughts on war and its representation by off-the shelf computer war games

Looks interesting - the maps are beautiful -

My personal problem with *operational* games is that they are too much work to be fun,

The tactical side is where you can experiment with all the weapons, unit types, try to exploit the small odds, etc..

The strategic were the deception, dealing and general skulduggery is to be had.

The operational - while no doubt as instrumental and decisive as the others - is imho still the domain of the hard-working professional who knows the exact state and position of each unit, their supply status and the name of each battalion commander's wife *and* sweetheart by heart

Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 26 Aug 15, 03:18.
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Thanks for reading.

I understand your view. However, in games like this the "command" part is what it makes this level of war so interesting. At least for me.

Cheers,

J
      Real and Simulated Wars, Stray thoughts on war and its representation by off-the shelf computer war games

Comment

Hi Snowygerry, I respect your opinion and perspective, afterall if you aren't a fan of the operational level then you're not! But the operational level sets up the tactical situation. And that is what Combat Operations can do, it can link to the tactical by allowing manual battle resolution. It also is going to allow up to 16 players to participate by being in command roles. It really can add a lot of exciting new possibilities that are not typical to this genre. So those that like operational games, or those that like tactical games that want a campaign layer, I would encourage you to check out the blog!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X