Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonial Conquest gets the Kickstarter Treatment

Hi guys,

For any old time grognards out there, some of you might remember SSI's Colonial Conquest on the 8 bit machines back in the day. This was one of my first computer wargames, and I had a blast playing it. I still boot up my C64 emulator and play a game from time to time, as well as playing CoCoNet occasionally. (Once you really got the hang of the game, you could play any nation in any time period and set all the computers to '9' and still whup the AI's butt...)

I was quite happy to see this pop up on Kickstarter. Seems the game is getting a makeover, and while staying true to the design and feel of the original, will add in some advanced features, such as morale, phases/rounds of combat, etc. They aren't asking for much to get this project off the ground, so I wanted to help spread the word around a little.

Link to the Kickstarter page can be found here.

Hopefully a few will come join me in supporting this project!
    Attached Files
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Sorry about the other thread guys - I somehow double posted the message.
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
      Hi guys,

For any old time grognards out there, some of you might remember SSI's Colonial Conquest on the 8 bit machines back in the day. This was one of my first computer wargames, and I had a blast playing it. I still boot up my C64 emulator and play a game from time to time, as well as playing CoCoNet occasionally. (Once you really got the hang of the game, you could play any nation in any time period and set all the computers to '9' and still whup the AI's butt...)

I was quite happy to see this pop up on Kickstarter. Seems the game is getting a makeover, and while staying true to the design and feel of the original, will add in some advanced features, such as morale, phases/rounds of combat, etc. They aren't asking for much to get this project off the ground, so I wanted to help spread the word around a little.

Link to the Kickstarter page can be found here.

Hopefully a few will come join me in supporting this project!
      I also love this game played it on an Atari computer back in the day.
      Few men are killed by bayonets, but many are scared by them. Having the bayonet fixed makes our men want to close. Only the threat to close will defeat a determined enemy.

Comment

Unfortunately, the game is quite buggy. Aside from regions sometimes 'disconnecting' from adjacent regions so you can't move units by land and other similar bugs, the one that really got me was the 'ghost moves'. I'll go start a brand new game as the Brits and on the second turn 500 of my navies with half a million men land in both London and in Africa. POOF! Free million men. (This is almost 10x the amount of troops I should actually have on turn 2...)

This is also much less fun when the 'ghost moves' happen to slam into the AIs, starting wars and they go all crazy on you. Very hard to plan. (Or play...) Hopefully they will continue to work on this game, but unfortunately I don't believe it is worth it until they correct a few of the bigger game-breaking bugs.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X