Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some major historical strategy game producers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some major historical strategy game producers?

Off the top of my head the major producers of 'hardcore' historical strategy games (as opposed to the deliberate fantasy that goes on in most popular strategy titles) would be:
    Slitherine/Matrix
    SPI Simulations
    Paradox Interactive

I am looking for more companies in this 'niche' since I find browsing 'mainstream' game sites tends to not acknowledge the existence of these sorts of games.

If you don't care about fancy shiny looking graphics (and I mean REALLY DON"T CARE) HPS and John Tiller Software since he split ways with them are quite 'hardcore'

Battlefront for the Combat Mission series, the other stuff is pretty eh except for TACOPS but I got sick of that in the Army.
    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
      If you don't care about fancy shiny looking graphics (and I mean REALLY DON"T CARE) HPS and John Tiller Software since he split ways with them are quite 'hardcore'

Battlefront for the Combat Mission series, the other stuff is pretty eh except for TACOPS but I got sick of that in the Army.
      Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up getting Tiller's Rennaisance, in the Musket & Pike series, as well as Ancient Warfare: Gallic Wars. They kind of scream 'Windows 95', but that's cool - some of the best strategy games I've seen are Interactive Magic's PC adaptation of the Great Battles series (GMT), and that was an old Win95 program.

Comment

And he means really don't care. John Tiller's stuff, other than the Campaign Series, looks like garbage.
        AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
        The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
          And he means really don't care. John Tiller's stuff, other than the Campaign Series, looks like garbage.
          Yeah, some of it is comically bad; I can put up with it, though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X