No announcement yet.

New PC wargame about East Front (41-45)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC wargame about East Front (41-45)

Do you know this game : The Great Patriotic War ?

It's a free PC game

Where do we get it?

Comment

PATRIOTIC?!

Yeah, the Baltic nations and Ukraine were adoring fans of Soviet leadership.

Comment

Looks a bit like World in Flames for the PC...
        That would be VEEEERRRYYYYY nice indeed!
        One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tascosa View Post
          Yeah, the Baltic nations and Ukraine were adoring fans of Soviet leadership.
          Did I miss a post somewhere?
          Кто там?
          Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
          Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Great Patriotic War is the official name of WW2 East Front in Russia (like "Secession war" is "CivilWar" in USA) : it is just historical name, no political intention

I think the first was this one :
            http://www.atariarchives.org/creativ...tern_Front.php

This was for Atari, the free game I posted screens is for PC (not for Atari). But could it be a new and modern version ? (sitution like "War in the East" for the old and venerable War in Russia : War in the East is the modern évolution of War in Russia). The difference is that "Great Patriotic war" is free of charge. Very Good thing

Do you want more screens ?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by welk; 22 Oct 13, 18:47.

Comment

I cant find a link to the game anywhere. I am not interested in the Atari version

Looks like SSG(or was it SSI) type of game...
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                I cant find a link to the game anywhere. I am not interested in the Atari version

Looks like SSG(or was it SSI) type of game...
                SSI. In its day, it was the best thing going. Corps level, but you could assemble your Corps, adjust production...played it to death in the start of the 90s.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Now, I ask me if it would not be a old Sierra game that a french madman would have adapted for the WW2. Anybody would have some idea about ?

If I would search in my PC, probably would I found a link to download this gemm-game. Or the game itself. But it would be better if someone could give me the name of the game. Do you recognized it ?

Last edited by welk; 23 Oct 13, 14:01.

Comment

I know this interface, and I already saw this game somewhere, but where ?

Attached Files
                    Last edited by welk; 23 Oct 13, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by welk View Post
                      Now, I ask me if it would not be a old Sierra game that a french madman would have adapted for the WW2. Anybody would have some idea about ?

If I would search in my PC, probably would I found a link to download this gemm-game. Or the game itself. But it would be better if someone could give me the name of the game. Do you recognized it ?

The name is Great Patriotic War 2.
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

The screenshots are a modded version of Civil War Generals 1 or 2 -not surie which it is, but you can see the little Civil War Generals name with its characteristic design in the top left corner of the in game screen shots.

If you have the CWG games, i guess look for the mod.

Comment

Bingo !

Yes, It's CWG2

The IA works fine with the mod, after heavy modifications in spreads and special calibration in editor

I modified Strings in the exe (but not code) and graphs MBM to adapt the game to WW2 EastFront, and created a big large Rusian map with editor + a large oob for Germany and Urss, covering 1941-1945

CWG2 may be downloaded here (abandonware now, it's a pity to not have a CWG3 by Sierra) :

http://www.cwg2.org/

If you experiment pbwith CWG2 under Windows 7 (installation of the game, installtion of the neededpatch provided with the game, or lunching the game), see these 2 threads entirely : needed informations are in :

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...highlight=CWG2

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...highlight=CWG2

Concerning the mod : I will not diffuse it a public link because I used lot of little graphs and images of other (excellent) games (Strategic Command, etc.

It is only for free and private use, so I will give a private download link to those who want to play With

I have also to say that the readme of the mod is in french, players will have to translate it with automatic translator if needed (I can not do it)

Comment

well I need 5 post befor can pm u lol

Comment

Looks a bit like Strategic Command.
                              Can you produce units in that game here?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X