Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock n Load : Heroes of Stalingrad

A video preview:

Bear in mind that this is a development build, not all things are set in stone, and things may be subject to change.
    Mark H. Walker's Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad
    http://www.matrixgames.com/products/349/details/Mark.H..Walker's.Lock.'n.Load:.Heroes.of.Stalingra d

"To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

The look of it reminds me of Advanced Squad Leader. This is a good thing!
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      The look of it reminds me of Advanced Squad Leader. This is a good thing!
      Indeed !

Some pics here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3311365

The Lock 'n Load Publishing boardgames Website:

http://locknloadgame.com/
      "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

Lock n Load : Heroes of Stalingrad Preview - Village Meeting Engagement by Pewpewchewchew

Comment

The download copies are now available, while disk versions will ship at the end of the month!
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Oh dear,had to stop watching the demo when the Germans decided to "Save that girl".
            I mean seriously?

This is the German army and not the Salvation army right?

Comment

I bought the download version. I hope to post a campaign AAR thread soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                I bought the download version. I hope to post a campaign AAR thread soon.
                Please do.
                I was always interested in board games but could never really play them- this looks like an interesting solution...

Comment

great AAR from JD over here

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9297
                  In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

So I bought the game, played all the tutorial scenarios and so far only a single actual scenario ("ambush").

Its fun (I like there sense of humor...), rather easy to handle, it would probably not make its way to my favorite list but it certainly is refreshing.

However I had encountered one issue that effected my opinion negatively, I hope its a glitch because if not it might push me away from the game.

In the scenario I played I had 5 objectives
                    1) Eliminate enemy Lt.
                    2) Eliminate enemy Sgt.
                    3) Eliminate 4 enemy rifle squads
                    4) Have 2 friendly rifle squads exit the map
                    5) Defend 2 hexes

The results of the battle were-
                    1) Done.
                    2) Wasn't killed- wounded.
                    3) eliminated only 3 rifle squads, but also 1 vehicle which doesn't count...
                    4) Done.
                    5) Done.

And I still lost!
                    Even though I had completed most objectives I failed. No levels of success (after all I had accomplished most of the objectives and the important ones and the ones I didn't I accomplished partially).
                    The game has to have some balancing system, perhaps using scores, that enables you to win (or lose) even without ALL of the objectives, or with partial success to objectives. War is never black/white.
                    I'm not even touching questions such as why eliminating a poor rifle squad is more valuable then a SdKfz...

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                      So I bought the game, played all the tutorial scenarios and so far only a single actual scenario ("ambush").

Its fun (I like there sense of humor...), rather easy to handle, it would probably not make its way to my favorite list but it certainly is refreshing.

However I had encountered one issue that effected my opinion negatively, I hope its a glitch because if not it might push me away from the game.

In the scenario I played I had 5 objectives
                      1) Eliminate enemy Lt.
                      2) Eliminate enemy Sgt.
                      3) Eliminate 4 enemy rifle squads
                      4) Have 2 friendly rifle squads exit the map
                      5) Defend 2 hexes

The results of the battle were-
                      1) Done.
                      2) Wasn't killed- wounded.
                      3) eliminated only 3 rifle squads, but also 1 vehicle which doesn't count...
                      4) Done.
                      5) Done.

And I still lost!
                      Even though I had completed most objectives I failed. No levels of success (after all I had accomplished most of the objectives and the important ones and the ones I didn't I accomplished partially).
                      The game has to have some balancing system, perhaps using scores, that enables you to win (or lose) even without ALL of the objectives, or with partial success to objectives. War is never black/white.
                      I'm not even touching questions such as why eliminating a poor rifle squad is more valuable then a SdKfz...
                      Its been brought up on the Matrix forum as well. We're hoping an update will adjust it to a simple Victory Point system.

Comment

A 1.05 beta patch came out today on the Matrix members club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cobb View Post
                          A 1.05 beta patch came out today on the Matrix members club.
                          Link?
                          Can a non member download it?

Comment

You must be a member; just register your game and you're in. The other option is to wait for the official patch and use the updater.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X