Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Conqueror! turn based risk like strategy game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conqueror! turn based risk like strategy game!

hey guys, we have developed a 100% free online multiplayer strategy game, it is now in open beta, no registration needed, no scam. it has a drag and drop mechanic to move units and it is possible to develop your countries to produce gold, troops, culture or population just visit:

univentic.com/client/0.9.2/

enter a name and start playing. thanks for checking it out!

I remember playing this back in high school, probably 7 years ago. Really fun game, especially with friends.

Comment

yeah its a remake made by professional programmers who were passionate players of the original, with better AI and a new support mechanic in teamgames. when playing a 3 vs 3 you can send troops to your allies to support them now. playing it with friends really is big fun but playing with strangers is fun too. since the original conquerorgame.com is some sort of an internet underground gem, the atmosphere is rather personal and family-like.

oh and the client has changed since it is continuosly updated you better visit:

univentic.com

there you can start the game, see the change logs and even register (100% free) if you like it. this game has no commercial ambitions and it is solely made by fans for all strategy lovers out there.

Last edited by Judith; 26 Jan 13, 06:04.

Comment

hey guys,

the game has finally found its place under:

www.conquerorgame.com

many things have improved since i posted here last time. among many improvements, there are now 3 different maps, europe, china and the great lakes.

its still 100% FREE! no registration needed to get the full experience. this game really is unique among all online multiplayer games. just pick a name and fire it up. give it a try!

Comment

I remember playing this game years ago...how long has it been around now?
          In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

must be over ten years now. a lot of the players of this game play it for many years on and off. it surely is not a game for everyone, but those who get into it know that it offers strategical depth far beyond what other games have to offer. there is not just one strategy to play it but many different ones. this is what makes this game so special and personal. luck is part of the game and its simplicity is pretty straightforward. victories over other players are really satisfying and can be achieved through cleverness, not the always same patterns.

and hey its a 100% free browser game you can play from all over the world without any registration requirements, where do you get this? there is no data being collected and no scam involved.

Comment

I would pay for a copy of the solo version with map editor!

Comment

This does get a bit boring after a while...it's all about who gets the edge in the initial buildup.
                In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                  This does get a bit boring after a while...it's all about who gets the edge in the initial buildup.
                  thats why teamgames have grown very popular among more experienced players. especially in 2 vs 2 games initial build up loses its momentum the longer the fight is on. still there are different ways to build up, like making gold for advanced culture in strategic positions, expanding or growing population. you can build forts to enhance your strategy and actually the game gets more complex and difficult the longer it takes. so i would strongly recommend playing teamgames once you know the basics and the games grows boring to you, because thats where conqueror is the strongest. i have turned around many games, having a bad start and these victories turn out to be the sweetest.

@gcbisset there will be nothing to spend money on in this game, if you are really interested in making maps, all you need is inkscape and some basic knowledge of drawing svg. contact xuul via the forum if you are really in to it and he may upload a map made by you if it is good and adds to the game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X