Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of this scenario?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you think of this scenario?

    Here's all the information about this scenario I made:

    http://super6-4.deviantart.com/art/Y...idge-344450994

    I want to know first if I'm any good whatsoever at making these, and secondly what you guys would do.

    And yes, it is based on the magazine's We Put YOU In Command

    EDIT: The battle and pretty much everything is fictional.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

    --Hávamál

  • #2
    So, no mines or light AT weapons (panzerfaust or bazooka)? I'd say use mortars to hit anything coming in/from the swamp and artillery for pounding flanking units. Force the enemy to attack you, you have the terrain. Dig in and make them come to you. Well, that's me...
    In Vino Veritas

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dongar1 View Post
      So, no mines or light AT weapons (panzerfaust or bazooka)? I'd say use mortars to hit anything coming in/from the swamp and artillery for pounding flanking units. Force the enemy to attack you, you have the terrain. Dig in and make them come to you. Well, that's me...
      You're either too lazy to write your own, or are that same person in the comments
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

      --Hávamál

      Comment


      • #4
        It looks like the site only allows you to use company sized unit markers. Also there is no map scale so timing of movements is not clear.

        Mortars are not efficient vehicle killers, don't depend on them to stop the mech battalion threatening your left flank. They along with the supporting infantry battalion are the major threat to your position and could envelop your flank, rolling up your entire position from east to west. Move the AT guns to that side and probably your reserve battalion as well.

        The single company trying to infiltrate your right flank through the swamp is a secondary issue. They will not be able to move as quickly as the main attack across the open ground to your front. You can react to them later if they they become a threat.

        The remainder of your units are only facing one-to-one odds. They should be able to hold easily enough. As the battle progresses, they may be able to shift left or right to reinforce the weakest area.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

        Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          It looks like the site only allows you to use company sized unit markers. Also there is no map scale so timing of movements is not clear.

          Mortars are not efficient vehicle killers, don't depend on them to stop the mech battalion threatening your left flank. They along with the supporting infantry battalion are the major threat to your position and could envelop your flank, rolling up your entire position from east to west. Move the AT guns to that side and probably your reserve battalion as well.

          The single company trying to infiltrate your right flank through the swamp is a secondary issue. They will not be able to move as quickly as the main attack across the open ground to your front. You can react to them later if they they become a threat.

          The remainder of your units are only facing one-to-one odds. They should be able to hold easily enough. As the battle progresses, they may be able to shift left or right to reinforce the weakest area.
          Indeed-it's a nice little app, but isn't as good as paid ones, undoubtedly. I wasn't quite sure what level the markers denoted, but I guess as long as you explain to people what they're representing in your scenario, it's fine.
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

          --Hávamál

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
            I wasn't quite sure what level the markers denoted, but I guess as long as you explain to people what they're representing in your scenario, it's fine.
            Here you go:

            http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Symbols
            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

            Homer


            BoRG

            Comment


            • #7
              I wouldnt count on the unit heading to the swamp to go all the way into it

              they might just be slipping to the left a bit for a small pincers on unit 2 Because if the enemy angle attacks to their left flank that puts two units on your one on the left.

              but other than that I think GC laid out the best option with unit one preparing to move to your left flank but wait and see what happens on right flanks and how they attack

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry, that was me...
                In Vino Veritas

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                  Why thank you!
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

                  --Hávamál

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Being that I have manouvered in swamps I wouldn't worry about it too much really. It's difficult to move across, and often quite open having very little cover. A platoon should be able to hold off a company with ease.

                    The mech forces, I assume from the ridge can ONLY move into the forest. So reserve goes there, while AT concentrates on the ridge next to it. Infantry should position itself 100/150 meters from the treeline within the forest. That way the vehicles have to enter the forest itself if they want to even shoot at my forces. That of course makes them vulnerable...although, no light AT weapons so dunno how that works? But anyways, they have to advance within range of the at guns at the ridge.

                    I would even thin the frontline by withdrawing one more battalion to reserve, as the enemy can only do a frontal attack, and does not have superior forces to do it.
                    Wisdom is personal

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If/when I were to make another one of these, I'd have to give a nice realistic list of distributive weapons and equipment-including (depending on the scenario) lighter AT weapons, HMGs, etc.

                      I think it may be best to try a smaller scale one too-perhaps company or platoon level.
                      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

                      --Hávamál

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Or just try to set it in a more specific background so people have some idea of the tech, operational situation, etc. That way they can better appraise the situation.

                        If you download Open Office, you should be able to find a compatible set of military graphics usable as is. Once you have that, you can draw a tactical situation on any map you can find on the internet and save it to a graphic for sharing.
                        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

                        Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                          Or just try to set it in a more specific background so people have some idea of the tech, operational situation, etc. That way they can better appraise the situation.

                          If you download Open Office, you should be able to find a compatible set of military graphics usable as is. Once you have that, you can draw a tactical situation on any map you can find on the internet and save it to a graphic for sharing.
                          I'll check that out. I appreciate it.
                          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

                          --Hávamál

                          Comment

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X