1066 medieval RTS flash game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1066 medieval RTS flash game

Just stumbled across this game called "1066" on the game website Armor Games. I thought I'd check it out, and it's pretty cool.

It takes place before and then at the Battle of Hastings, and you must battle for the British Isles. You start out at Fulford, and then Stamford Bridge, and finally Hastings. Those are the only levels, however there is a custom battle feature, where you can try out the 3 different factions and different units. Battles are turn based. You can stack up a list of commands, but you alternate your commands with their commands. Units include Hurscals, spear militia, men at arms, cavalry, and more. With these unit types, you're able to form shield walls, wedges, make charges, and outflank them.

Here's the link:

http://armorgames.com/play/4594/1066
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

It's a bit of fun - I've always enjoyed being a Viking there, though rewriting the Normans as a Magyar-style mounted horde is also entertaining.

Multiplayer is good too ^^
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
      It's a bit of fun - I've always enjoyed being a Viking there, though rewriting the Normans as a Magyar-style mounted horde is also entertaining.

Multiplayer is good too ^^
      Yeah it's entertaining. The Normans can't just rely on cavalry, really...or at least I don't. I found that having at least a couple archer units can really help. If your first action(s) is to have your archers fire, you can rather easily get brutal shots, if they have their units bunched up at the start.

I must say that the game does have some rather unique features, like the fighting with the arrow keys, and typing out taunts, as well as the spacebar spamming charge.
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I find with the Norman cavalry, they don't have the staying power of foot but their charges are fantastic.

So I like to do a sort of Cantabrian circle - a succession of cavalry charges into the enemy line, one unit pulling back just in time for the next to slam home.

Not an automatic game winner, but entertaining anyway

Comment

I find with the Norman cavalry, they don't have the staying power of foot but their charges are fantastic.

So I like to do a sort of Cantabrian circle - a succession of cavalry charges into the enemy line, one unit pulling back just in time for the next to slam home.

Not an automatic game winner, but entertaining anyway
          Interesting. Yes the horses don't seem to be able to brawl, because as you stated-they charge better.

--Hávamál

Comment

This is surprisingly good!

Comment

Have you had any luck with the Boar's head tactic?

I find it's more effective when the enemy is still scattered, but I'm not convinced how it fares against a shield wall.

Comment

Have you had any luck with the Boar's head tactic?

I find it's more effective when the enemy is still scattered, but I'm not convinced how it fares against a shield wall.
                Hmm, I've used it a couple times but don't remember how it did. I think it's supposed to break through shield walls-least that's what it seems like. Probably supposed to break through the middle enemy unit (rout them or destroy), and then engage with the flanking units while outflanking the enemy with the lead unit.

However in defense, it can actually be useful I think. If the enemy has a shield wall but is attacking with it, they can only engage the lead unit of yours, meaning that if they want multiple engagements, they have to break the shield wall.

--Hávamál

Comment

When using it in defence, it's also a fantastic opportunity to 'use' your glowing red-pink units to brace the flanks of your Boar's Head - since only your lead unit is engaged, just make that a fresh unit of the heaviest infantry you can find and laugh at the enemy Wall while you flank them with the rest of your army.

...I wonder if archers can take part in melee formations?

Comment

When using it in defence, it's also a fantastic opportunity to 'use' your glowing red-pink units to brace the flanks of your Boar's Head - since only your lead unit is engaged, just make that a fresh unit of the heaviest infantry you can find and laugh at the enemy Wall while you flank them with the rest of your army.

...I wonder if archers can take part in melee formations?
                    That's a good point about the wounded units in the Boar's Head. I don't think archers can do any formation-I tried putting 3 archers in a line but nothing happened. I think they should be able to form a defensive wall-they need all the protection they can get-however the point is to keep them away from the enemy,so...

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X