Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes VI - Anyone playing this?

Hi All.

Only a few minutes free (sneaking in a post while on lunch break at work) but I wanted to ask if anyone here tried Heroes of Might & Magic VI. (I think Ubisoft renamed the series - they are called "Might & Magic - Heroes XX" now).

I was shocked to find out this week that it had been released and available for some months. I have every heroes down to the original King's Bounty, and am a huge fan. First off, I want to vent some steam at the Ubisoft Direct Download system.

It doesn't bloody work. I had to get their DL manager, and it tried to grab 10 rar files, and came up with a "File not found on server!" error on the 3rd file. A little google searching showes this to be a common issue, and it seems that people are not having any satisfaction with coming to a resolution. Ubisoft spins you in eternal circles, with the website linking you to a "My DL did not complete" page which tells you to click the resume button if you think this is a mistake. The resume button does nothing but repeat the same error... So now what? So now nothing - hit the resume button if you think .... Yeah, not impressed. One user on their forums posted the emails back and forth with them, and had to go to the measure of cancelling the transaction on his CC as he could not get this taken care of with customer support. Numerous users reading the thread had to do the same thing, or experienced the same issues with their support.

I could not find *ONE* positive outcome for this issue...

Ok, used up my 5 minutes, so I'll get back to this a little later and add some more thoughts.

"When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Ubisoft has committed virtual suicide with their outrageous DRM. I wouldn't touch anything by them because of it. HoMM6 looked good, too. Shame.

Now we just need to sit back and watch the free market wreck the company little by little.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

I thought about it and had it in my hands at best buy, but did'nt get it in the end......

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Rooks Bailey View Post
        Ubisoft has committed virtual suicide with their outrageous DRM.
        Worse than Steam??

Comment

Much, much worse than Steam, yes.
          "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Kahless View Post
            Much, much worse than Steam, yes.
            I haven't bought a UBISOFT game since the IL2 series, but now I'm curious because I loved the HMM series and was tempted to look at HMM VI, how does the DRM work and why is it so horrible?

Comment

You're required to have an active internet connection while playing their games at all times now, even if you're only playing it in singleplayer mode.

And if their servers go down for any reason (which has already happened numerous times)? Too bad, you still can't play your game.
              "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Kahless View Post
                You're required to have an active internet connection while playing their games at all times now, even if you're only playing it in singleplayer mode.

And if their servers go down for any reason (which has already happened numerous times)? Too bad, you still can't play your game.
                That does suck! Well, I guess I won't be getting HMM VI then. Too bad for them and me. I barely am able to cope with Steam. Had it not been for Skyrim being something I simply had to play I would never have allowed it on my PC. I'm going to remove when I'm tired of Skyrim and whatever expansions follow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X