No announcement yet.

Civilization V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played Civ I to IV, but not V. I am fan of earlier versions, so after civ IV I probably won't be trying this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bvanevery View Post
      III had this horrible city rebellion thing where you had to effectively conquer nearly every city twice.
      That was a brilliant innovation not a problem.

Comment

CIV 5 really pushed tactics when they implemented the "no unit stacking" feature.

That gave me nightmares in 4 when "oh look it's only 1 musket man...nope, wait...its 7 war elephants, 10 musket men, and a chariot ( for some reason )"

Aside from that, I love the way 5 looks and feels, but I'm still kinda sad they took out the religious, government, etc, panels you could change.

Base vote, I love civ

Comment

I have been a huge Civ fan since I was a kid and signed out Civ 1 at the town library...

I just started playing Civ 5 again after about a year's absence. I must say that the beginning of the game is what I really love, as it definitely slows down toward the Renaissance and Industrial periods. They used to stress that you could compete for a victory even with just 3 or 4 cities, but I have yet to find that to be the case. Also, war seems a little TOO inevitable and my neighbors attack me no matter how civil I am to them!

Comment

Originally posted by Jestre View Post
            I too refuse to purchase Steam games so Civ V, Total War, Elder Scrolls etc are off my to-buy list. Too bad those games cant give you a choice of a non-steam version for those of us that dont care about multiplayer.
            Why does everyone hate steam games?
            “Come and take it!"

Comment

You should try Warlock: Master of the Arcane. It's basically just like Civ V only with magic, and each civilization is a different race of sorts. They're giving out a bunch of copies on TechZwn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X