X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wargame club recruiting members!

Hail wargamers!

http://www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Napann1.htm

The NWC is very active(250+ members!) and has recently added a Spanish brigade to the allied coalition. I am asking for any soul brave enough to join me in this cause against the French incursion of our homeland!

A new tournament begins soon. Glory, riches and French standards to be had!

We play:

The Battleground "Waterloo" engine (Talonsoft).
    The Battleground "Prelude to Waterloo" engine (Talonsoft).
    The Battleground "Napoleon in Russia" engine (Talonsoft) .
    The Battleground Napoleonic Wars engine (Matrix) .
    The HPS Waterloo engine
    The HPS Wagram engine
    THE HPS Austerlitz engine
    The HPS Napoleons' Russian Campaign engine
    The HPS Eckmuhl campaign engine
    The HPS Jena and Auerstaedt engine
    Ageod Napoleons'Campaign
    HistWar Les Grognards.

http://www.hpssims.com/

http://www.matrixgames.com

Please PM me if you have any questions!
    Last edited by Wargamingaddict; 23 Oct 11, 01:34.

Wow. That's an impressive collection of wargames and wargamers!
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

I would like to sign up. I have a suggestion. I host an Empires in Arms game. This is not a computer game, but live players. All 7 major nations are represented. Austria, Britain, France, Prussia, Russia, Spain, and Turkey. Each player submits his moves to me the Game Master (GM). I carried out the instructions and post results. I use a 10 day to 2 week turn around time. This is designed to give all players time for discussing negotiations and submitting moves. Are there any 6 others interested? So how to sign up into your group?

Comment

Used to be in that club back in the late 90s, glad to see it's still around. Wasn't there an ACW twin club also?

Comment

yes there was. use to be in that one in the 90s too

Comment

Originally posted by El.Cid View Post
            I would like to sign up. I have a suggestion. I host an Empires in Arms game. This is not a computer game, but live players. All 7 major nations are represented. Austria, Britain, France, Prussia, Russia, Spain, and Turkey. Each player submits his moves to me the Game Master (GM). I carried out the instructions and post results. I use a 10 day to 2 week turn around time. This is designed to give all players time for discussing negotiations and submitting moves. Are there any 6 others interested? So how to sign up into your group?
            Never heard of this before but I'd like to hear more, I would be interested.

What I'd suggest doing is getting signed up here:

http://users.telenet.be/fsg/NWC/nwc_allied.htm

I would love if you joined my newly formed brigade, just select Spain at the bottom of the page.

Once you have a forum account, you can make a post in the opponent finder section. Members are fairly active so getting some responses shouldn't take you long.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
              Used to be in that club back in the late 90s, glad to see it's still around. Wasn't there an ACW twin club also?
              You should come back! The ACW branch is very active as well, I played there a bit but I am just too busy with Napoleonics to keep up in two clubs.

There's also an club for early american wars(1776, 1812, Mexican-American etc).

Comment

To advertise slightly more for the Club:

About the Club:

The NWC is a traditional style format that has more of a 'roleplay' style as in outside of the games to add historical flavor to the Club there are ranks, points, medals, victory medals, nobility titles and so on that you are awarded based on the games results. Individual armies have full, normally, historical OOB's, where you are assigned to a unit, often of your choice, with Corps & Divisions.

Now this has no bearing on the games or what units you command at all in it, it is merely an added value type thing that sets our style different than a Ladder Club, not implying it is better, but it is a different style and atmosphere, which can be fun too.

As you gain ranks points et al there is a real sense of belonging to an army and a unit and in seeing the rewards you get for your accomplishments. Also the forums are usually lively and there are all sorts of different odds and ends of the sites to explore...like Newsletters, Diaries, Historical write-ups et al....

Also Note:

Beyond the games listed above other games played are:

Commander: Napoleon at War and also Crown of Glory. These are recent additions to the Club and had not been added yet on the "About Us" page.

We invite everyone to check out all the armies we have in the Club and any questions feel free to ask....
                Wargame Clubs

Featuring - The Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC), the Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC), the American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

Also Blitz Wargaming Club

Playing John Tiller Software, HPS Simulations, Matrix, Slitherine, AGEOD

Comment

Thanks field master. Plenty of games and plenty of members to find matches with .

Comment

Indeed & no problem. Backing up what you say....

-Scott
                    Wargame Clubs

Featuring - The Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC), the Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC), the American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

Also Blitz Wargaming Club

Playing John Tiller Software, HPS Simulations, Matrix, Slitherine, AGEOD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X