Total War ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
    Yup, the pavise gives them extra armor. It's actually quite interesting, because if you put Janissary archers (a WAY more expensive unit than pavise crossbows) in a head on fight with some pavise crossbows, the xbows will win, and quite possibly by a large margin.
    But the archers probably have insane range...do you mean if you are able to get your Pavises in range before they start engaging them?
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
      But the archers probably have insane range...do you mean if you are able to get your Pavises in range before they start engaging them?
      Yeah, but those extra seconds that the range advantage provides is (I wouldn't say negligible) pretty minute, especially since the Pavise Xbows are so heavily armored.

So if you must get archers, I would definitely recommend the Venetian Longbows or Scots Guards. The English Sherwoods have absolutely no protection (which is annoying as they certainly aren't worth their price).
      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Yeah, but those extra seconds that the range advantage provides is (I wouldn't say negligible) pretty minute, especially since the Pavise Xbows are so heavily armored.

So if you must get archers, I would definitely recommend the Venetian Longbows or Scots Guards. The English Sherwoods have absolutely no protection (which is annoying as they certainly aren't worth their price).
        Ok, thanks!
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
          Ok, thanks!
          Sure thing. Getting my <you-know-what> handed to me in about 100 online battles over the last few years taught me quite a bit about unit strengths and weaknesses.
          "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Sure thing. Getting my <you-know-what> handed to me in about 100 online battles over the last few years taught me quite a bit about unit strengths and weaknesses.
            Heh yeah I'd think so.

--Hávamál

Comment

I am for the idea of pan-civil war troughout the history, with troops and cities evolving with new ages upcoming. More and more games are accepting this type of scenarios, and I think it is time TW accpet it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Navalava View Post
                I am for the idea of pan-civil war troughout the history, with troops and cities evolving with new ages upcoming. More and more games are accepting this type of scenarios, and I think it is time TW accpet it too.
                Not every game should be a Civilization clone.
                "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Rome: Total war 2

Comment

Originally posted by calger14 View Post
                    Rome: Total war 2
                    I hope, pray, and generally agree that this will be the next title. I think we'll see the announcement in a few months.
                    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                      I hope, pray, and generally agree that this will be the next title. I think we'll see the announcement in a few months.
                      I hope so! Rome is such a good game. A modern version would easily be the best Total War game.

Comment

I'm hoping for Rome 2 as well, but would not be opposed to a Medieval 3 (although that's highly unlikely)...simply because it's my favorite time period.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Rome 2. I just love that game. Or how about one with the new world and africa Colonization. But I would prefer a rome 2 that spans from the founding of rome to its fall. Very few people know that(doubt any on this forum) at one stage rome was not all that strong and was just another city in italy.
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X