Artillery simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artillery simulator

After teasing Nokturnal with the prospect of the artillery sim. we use I got around to train in it last week and took some pictures, after screening out the ones that shouldn't go online, here are the results:
    (I appologaize in advance pics. were taken from my cell phone)

Here's how the stations look like, the instructor seats in the back and trainee in the front:

Equipment:

All items are synchronized with the screen with special sensors (absent from the picture are the small 7X50 binos and the compass)

Thermal display:

HE fire for effect:

Infantry units:
    (Yeah, I know they look like but remember it's an arty Sim)

Main display:
    Has 3D/real "maps" of every possible scenario in and around Israel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Golani; 30 Apr 10, 03:40.

Controls:
    We'll call it the "mission editor"
    From here the instructor can determine everything (and I mean everything) from weather to atmospheric pressure to what units show up where.

Tanks:
    Well, tanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool how are the sound effects?

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
        Very cool how are the sound effects?
        Well the headsets (you can see them hung on the wall in the first picture) are used for Instructor-Trainee communication and simulates how it would sound through radio.

As far as explosions go- not too much, just enough to let you differentiate different types of ammo/platforms used and whether they are incoming or outgoing.

Comment

That's a lot like the one I used a lot in the US Army, except it was in a room with a huge movie screen like at the movie theater. In advanced modes the projection would move, as if you were mounted calling for fire on the move.

It wasn't as advanced as the pictures you showed, but it was developed in the mid-late 90s even before CCTT (Close Combat Tactical Trainer)

Cool pics.
          Кто там?
          Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
          Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
            Well the headsets (you can see them hung on the wall in the first picture) are used for Instructor-Trainee communication and simulates how it would sound through radio.

As far as explosions go- not too much, just enough to let you differentiate different types of ammo/platforms used and whether they are incoming or outgoing.
            Probably realistic, I suppose most gamers would want BIG explosions along with ultra "realistic" graphics with close up replays of stuff disintegrating in slo-mo.

Anyway thanks for posting.

Comment

Interesting! Thanks for the pics G .
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Even though this thread is just reminding me that i'm not able to play with such high-tech awesomeness It was interesting to see the set up. Mission editor looks good, but also looks more complex than A2... .
                Thermal display and all! Very nice.

Are the infantry/tanks representing targets or are they meant to be allied units that you "try" not to hit?

The 3d maps would be great too, and when/if someone releases a map for A2 in that region you can take a look at the 3d maps to compare them.
                "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
                - Major General Freddie de Guingand, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-force Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokturnal View Post
                  Are the infantry/tanks representing targets or are they meant to be allied units that you "try" not to hit?
                  Both, in a scenario for say, "close support" (or danger close) it helps verify if the safety ranges were correct and if you ceased fire in time.
                  The 3d maps would be great too, and when/if someone releases a map for A2 in that region you can take a look at the 3d maps to compare them.
                  That will be the day...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X