Scourge of War: Gettysburg now on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scourge of War: Gettysburg now on sale

Scourge of War:Gettysburg is now available for sale by digital download at the main game website: http://www.scourgeofwar.com/. A limited free demo can also be downloaded at the same website if you want to try it before you buy it. The game and the demo have both single player and multiplayer modes. See how good a general you really are.

A note of caution, traffic on the website and forum has been heavy and it may be slow to respond at peak times.

-Jim Weaver
    SOW:GB Design Lead

Game Website

Demo/Game Download Link

Game Forum

This was released a month ago. It's an independent game. I don't expect it to be the game for everyone, but people who like the civil war or musket age tactics in general and who like history and realism will like it.

This is the community ventrilo server:
    IP: 74.86.69.56 Port: 5982

For anyone who loves the American Civil War history, this is the best tactical simulator there has been so far. The game is focused on combat and tactics, as well as strategic battlefield maneuvering. There is no abstract campaign level, though he plans to do that eventually I'd say it's a long eventually, and I bet the community will come up with their own campaign game before then.. Plenty more can be done with this game before that.

As a ACW tactical simulator it is excellent. Multiplayer is where it's at. I've been involved in a bunch of 10 player MP games. There isn't a limit to how many players can be in a given game, though there is a vague practical limit because of the chance of one of the many players having problems.

We use realism rules where to communicate you either send couriers, or ride your commander to whoever you want to talk to and then speak in ventrilo.

For myself I've been blazing away making modding tools.

Comment

I've had the game since the day after it came out and its been alot of fun. The multi player is awesome and the possibilites are exciting.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

They had a couple of other Civil War games released before this one. I played the hell out of the first one. If the quality of this release is anything like the first, it's a sure buy for Civil War buffs.

Ben
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

I downloaded the demo this week and been having a blast with it. I cut my teeth on civil war generals II, so this is a kick. I'll be adding into the pile!

Comment

is the sale still on? i see the price as $44. I downloaded the demo but did not find the time to play it.

Comment

This has just been reviewed by Armchair General. I still need a few more posts before I can put a link..

The price has dropped to $30 and at the same time a new features patch is out with a bunch more content.

Comment

Originally posted by Garnier View Post
                This has just been reviewed by Armchair General. I still need a few more posts before I can put a link..

The price has dropped to $30 and at the same time a new features patch is out with a bunch more content.
                Here's the link

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/scour...ame-review.htm
                RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

That was a good review. I loved the original game, Take Command: First Bull Run, and found Gettysburg to be a worthy sequel (coincidentally, I included it in an article I just wrote on games suitable to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the ACW).

Does anybody know what's next for NorbSoft? Antietam? Chancellorsville? I recall reading on his blog that he is thinking about making the leap to full 3D graphics for the next title...which would be absolutely awesome.
                  Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

Now you guys make me want to play this game. I remember when they put out Take Command: First Bull Run. I ran out and bought it at Target. Hopefully they changed their pricing structure because 20 bucks was too cheap for what a great game that was. I know it was tied in the the History Channel or something, so that may have been why the price was they way it was.

I never got around to playing the sequel. I won't get back to the states until later in the summer. It looks like I will have some shopping to do.

Ben
                    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

I remember getting both the early versions for $6 as I wasn't interested when they first came out because I read they were rts. Well this is the kind of rts I love. It is one of the few rts games that actually plays in real time. I recently got this version for $29.99 and have been having a lot of fun. My only complaint is the colors of the units uniforms are rather flat and bland. Doesn't look anything like the glossy uniforms of 2nd Manassas. Of course graphics aren't everything but that was the first thing I noticed about it. Did anyone make a glossy uniforms mod for this version?

At any rate I highly recommend this game to those who love Sid Meier's Gettysburg/Antietam game as this one really is a whole lot more. The ability to command at any level puts it over the top of just about every computer wargame out there including WitP or WitE. The AI is a good challenging opponent as well. I have been flanked so many times I've lost count. Something I can only pray the Total War series will find out how to do someday.

Comment

You should come join us for multiplayer and get flanked some more!

www . sow . philipmcg . com

Last night we had a 15 player, 40,000 troops battle.

Comment

Wow this looks amazing!
                          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Wow, looks really great!

Comment

great looking game cant wait to give it a try.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X