Close Combat: seizing buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Combat: seizing buildings

I've started playing Close Combat, Normandy edition. I'm doing great with the field maneuvering, etc. But what's the best way to take a building that's occupied by enemy forces? I've tried surrounding on three sides, firing into it with .32 machines, regular rifles and bazookas. I'll mortar them, but apparently not enough to destroy.

Every time I try rushing them my forces get slaughtered.

What's the best way?

Thanks!

-M

In the game, much like in real life, taking an occupied building is dangerous, so you should count that in advance.

I've been playing Close Combat since 1999 I think, here's my thoughts:

1)Don't use mortars.
    They aren't very effective in suppressing enemies inside buildings (let alone hitting them...) and they will prove dangerous for your forces as well.

2) If you have a tank, use it.
    If not any other HE weapon can do (AT guns, rockets, etc.)
    Try to eliminate as many enemy soldiers as possible, the rest will clear the windows and get pinned.

3) If there are still enemies inside and you decide to charge and take the- house pin them to one side and attack from the opposing side, try to charge with a squad that has superior SMG over rifles amount.

4)Expect casualties.
    That's just the way it is.

And welcome to ACG

Comment

First, clear the ground around 3 sides of the building ensuring there are no anti tank guns or anti tank infantry hiding around there.

Move tanks up and pound the front of the building

Throw smoke and assault.

-

Comment

I agree with the smoke. It often gets overlooked and can block LOS to the point where your troops can get right up to the building. Once inside, like Golani said you will have some casualties - try for a 2-1 advantage in men.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

HE fire from tanks or Heavy MGs can suppress the defenders then they will be ripe for the picking.
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Of course the another option is to barage the building (if you get one). Pop smoke and let the arty take them out.
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

That would be an awful waste just to take a building.

Besides the fact that in will have a lessen effect on enemies indoors.

Comment

@ Golani - you are correct it's just that sometimes I get impatient and that Patton part of me wants to get moving now so its demo time!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X