Radio Commander.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Commander.

I'm tempted to get this game. Anyone else played this yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...dio_Commander/
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Does it involve actually shouting commands ? Then I think not

Great game concept though…...just not for me.

But this is not just another RTS, in which you are an invisible being hovering over the battlefield.
    That is in fact what makes wargames, games and enjoyable imho.

If not - war (even if only simulated) is actually hard work, may as well join the Army….
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Actually for those with Windows OS they can use voice commands, not sure how that works but I assume a set of default orders are required to make that possible.
      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        ... not sure how that works but I assume a set of default orders are required to make that possible.
        I suspect it involves your family members looking at you as if you went bat sht crazy

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Be careful that any game from steam is not based on buying downloads. Many of their games are like that, and cannot be played "offline", and it can get very costly to keep up with other players.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Tell me about it! My computer died when I got back from the hospital last December. I figured I would get the computer fixed and still be able to play my downloaded games. WRONG! The rebuild gave the computer a new IP Address and Steam refused to talk to me! I tried to buy replacement CD's and download a game off them. Still no dice! The shame is in that I really miss those games..

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Never trusted Steam, never used it either, I like a hard, cold copy of any game before I fork over my money.....

Note, you could achieve similar results in do-it-yourself fashion...

Have you wife sit in the kitchen with a classic wargame in front of her and a bucket over her head, while you position yourself in a closet some distance away with a rolled up paper, and shout orders for her to implement.

She reports back the results and after an afternoon or so, you both examine the situation on the map, before you're off for round 2 of Battlefield Confusion Simulator I
              Last edited by Snowygerry; 17 Oct 19, 04:33.

Comment

Steam has worked fine, the convenience outweighs any drawbacks.

I have about 40 games from Steam, all can be played without internet... thus they are all on my hard drive.

Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

I'll consider your commendation for the future.

Fact is my actual gaming time is scarce and for the moment spent on other games, tnx

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                    I'll consider your commendation for the future.

Fact is my actual gaming time is scarce and for the moment spent on other games, tnx
                    My gaming time is limited as well, majority of the games were bought on special.

Any updates for your games are highlighted, thus can be automatically updated for you or you can manually update... which is handy if you see other players are experiencing bugs in a new patch.

The amount of gaming time is recorded, which is fine... and that comes in handy when reading reviews and the player has only played it for less than an hour.
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X