***DH Teamplay Calendar and Catalogue***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***DH Teamplay Calendar and Catalogue***

I've decided to create a calendar and catalogue of players; and when they should be active on gameranger. My mission is to get more people playing Darkest Hour in multiplayer because I believe that just as MP can be a far superior experience to SP, in the right setting, teamplay can be a far superior experience to both. I want to create a catalog not only of the players themselves, but for them to create teams as well: players in groups of 3, who want to play together as members of an alliance(allied, axis, or Russia, China +any remaining free country)

I am looking to register anyone and everyone. I want to know your email address. I suggest to send it to me in a PM. I will inform you of any major teamplay games, as well as having information available on who plays the game when, with what level of experience, and what language(s) they speak. Information I would ask you to provide in your PM.

Some people like to serve the community by developing mods. Personally I think the best thing I can do is to setup 9-player monster games like this. I want to set people up with others who A-speak their language B-are available at the same time and C-are of the desired experience level (getting more players to learn the game through the tutelage of experienced players playing as teammates).

People have mentioned problems with lagging in big, multiplayer games. Games will be tested before starting. Those with poor internet connections may have to wait for me to find them a game with others of similar connection strength.

So feel free to PM me your email address or to ask any questions about how the teamplay game works.

Proceedure:

A session should last at least 2 hours. I would expect anyone participating would have at least that much time available. Preferrably a session could last longer than twice that much time.

We can break for 15 minutes every hour, or half an hour after 2; if requested.

Any player may pause quickly to pick techs, deploy units or resolve a crisis. The pause should not exceed 3 minutes.

A ground conflict can necessitate the game be slowed down to whatever speed the combatants request. If there are no ongoing conflicts, the game will be advanced at the highest speed.

Games are expected to be played until some conclusion date decided at the beginning. Once started, the game can end a variety of ways. If a player decides they can no longer participate after a particular session, their team can pickup another player before the next session is scheduled. They must finish a 2-hour session.

It has been brought to my attention that while the game may allow strategic redeployment to and from border territories, this is not realistic and can allow the evacuation of salients and sometimes cutoff territories. This will be considered cheating.

Players that are AWOL when a session is sheduled can be replaced on the fly by the other members of their team. If no replacement is available for that team the session can be re-scheduled, but I will attempt to start a different game with a different team.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X