No announcement yet.

World in Conflict - anyone have it yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World in Conflict - anyone have it yet?

Did anyone get this game yet? Some questions:

1) Is their a non campaign single player mode that allows for random map type battles?

2) How hard is it to get used to the controls as a opposed to in Act of War, Red Alert, JTF, American Conquest/Cossacks, etc?

Just bought it but haven't played it.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

1) Yep - Skirmish mode...but without the awesome cinematic

2) The only other RTS I play is Dawn of War (and its offshoots), and it took me all of 5 seconds to get the hang of the controls. Very easy to learn, very easy to play.

Not sure of the longevity though - having fun with the campaign though.
      Now listening too;
      - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Campaign needs to be longer i mean what happens in Europe and the rest of the war?

edit: BTW whats your MP nickname Ivan?
        "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
        - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Thanks Ivan, I might order it on Amazon this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
            Thanks Ivan, I might order it on Amazon this weekend
            well, I better clarify.

The single player aspect happens when you set up a home network MPgame, and then add bots. But what's cool about it is that the maps you select give you your objectives.

Ie I played the airfield vs the bot, and I selected the Infantry role, my first task was to secure the outer perimeter, which I failed, and then it tells you to fall back to the main gate, etc etc. though if you're going to play solo, make sure you add some bots on your own team.

There's also a Single Player Custom Mission mode...but afaict there's no mission editor. So this might be a download thing, or it might also be a release the editor later in a patch thing. Will have to wait and see.
            Now listening too;
            - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

That sounds fine ... as long as a game isent all campaign and multiplayer I am happy with it. I just prefer to set my own goals and objectives rather then the set objectives in a campaign battle.

Comment

Anyone playing this still? Nice looking game. Just fired this up on my new system with ATI 4850s running in crossfire mode.
                "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X