Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a good TBS

Hi Everyone!

I thought maybe you could help me out. I'm looking for a really good TBS game. I love Civilizations, Starcraft, Warcraft etc. My favorite is old school Master of Orion (1 and 2, 3 sucked) and would like something along those lines. Anyone have a newer game that could contend with the fun?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

There is a thread in the Turn-Based Strategy forum about 4X games:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=54883

You might find that forum a bit more topical for TBS than this one is.

Turn-Based Strategy Games Forum
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by JPalumbo View Post
      My favorite is old school Master of Orion (1 and 2, 3 sucked) and would like something along those lines.
      When you liked MOO2, you should try the fan patch 1.4. There are also several mods that are used in the MP community. BTW, you can use the freeware DOSBox to play MOO2 MP games online.

See link for details:
      http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2...box-guide.html

Comment

Your list being so scifi centered, I think you need to look into Galactic Civilizations II. I have friends that rave about it.

I think it also has a very good demo available as well. So you can try before you buy. But keep in mind, what makes a great TBS has little in common with what makes people like RTS.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I would go with Rise of Nations
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
            I would go with Rise of Nations
            He asked for turn based, Rise of Nations is RTS, please pay attention
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
              He asked for turn based, Rise of Nations is RTS, please pay attention
              well they campain mode is kinda, now if were talkin straight up turn based I would go with Shatterd Union
              "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
              "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X