Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts

Didn't see any discussion on this title, thought I would see if anyone has it, what they think, and their thoughts on it.

Looks good. I went through the initial tutorial from the base game, then the British one and the German one. Over all looks fun. But I have not yet jumped into the game further.

The only thing I can comment on to this point is good grief does it ever take a while to install. Apparently my machine is lacking in the cpu area, although it liked everything else. But the game seems to actually run fine in the tutorials so I am left to wonder if the cpu thing won't manifest until I am knee deep in a game.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

People over in the Relic forums are quite upset over the copy protection scheme. I haven't been over there in awhile but I'm sure everyone is still in a tisy.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Well, i did something different and bought it online from Direct2Drive, hoping to get the game the night before. It is my first time purchasing a game online, and it's been more of a hassel then it should be.

Opposing front seems more like a stand alone expansion. It will un-install CoH before installing itself, thought that was wierd. Then after you launch the game, you have to create an online profile, which i already had one from having CoH, but another pain.

But the part that got me was more from buying the game from D2D, in order to play the new content, i had to activate the game using a key code. Which i had to search for on the D2D website because it was never provided for me in an email, that was an hour of frustration there !! So i guess the uniqe cd-key i was given didnt matter, so what was the point.

I like CoH, and i know i will like this game too, but i dont think i will be buying a game online again because it was a huge hassel.

After reading some info on the Relic forums, i see that your cd-keys are linked to your online CoH profile, so that would explain why i had to make the profile. That i dont have a problem with, seems fine to me. I have more of a problem with the way D2D handles thier game activation!!

Comment

Forgot to mention, i played thru the CoH content before trying the new content. I have only played the first couple of missions for the germans, and so far it's ok. I did notice that for me, CoH seems to run much better.

If you do not own Opposing Front and try to go online, you will be greated with a nice 1.7gb patch to download! It would appear that Coh is included in the CoH:OP disc, thats ok by me.

Remeber that your cd-keys for CoH and OP are linked to your Relic profile, so try not to lose them, cause that seems to be where the problem is with the new copy protection.

Comment

Worse yet, in your case; since you don't have a DVD to put in the drive you HAVE to have an internet connection each time you want to play, single player or multi. No internet or DVD=no play.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I think digital download is the future. But with that said, I have heard so much griping about several of the services offering it that it seems there is not that much in the way of brains running it.

For me, I just want to be able to want the game and be able to go online and download it and then have a full copy that's mine for ever and ever no hassles and if the seller rolls over and expires next year for instance, who cares.

I won't buy a game digital or otherwise if the game comes with install baggage. I don't dance for software. The truth is there are just too many good games to choose from. The clumsy sellers even when they make a great game are simply not worth my support. I'll just move on to the next interesting game that isn't a hassle.

In my case, I didn't get the game as a digitaldownload. So I can't comment on the download angle on this one. As for copy protection that's a can of worms I am just not interested in getting into.

I've never had all that much interest in playing games online. I usually play solo or against another friend of mine. Interesting thing, my friend has the game as well and he commented that he also had the program tell him his cpu was "poor" which he said was a bunch of bull in his case. His opinion is the program is lacking in ability to actually properly detect system details.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Since i have the first one, i bought this one as well, its cool that you get
              to be the Germans in the Campaign. Plus they now have a King Tiger, as well
              as a ton of other new units. I would highly recomend it
              Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
                It would appear that Coh is included in the CoH:OP disc, thats ok by me.
                So I can just buy Opposing Fronts and be able to install both?
                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

It seems to come with both, which is why it takes so long to install.
                  It first uninstalls your first game, then reinstalls all together.

I found out last night that when you play the skrimish mode you have the
                  option of 4 differn't armies you can play:
                  USA
                  Britan
                  German Army
                  German Elite

Unfortunatly you can't combined the two diff german forces.
                  Also i've yet to see the King Tiger available in the Skrimish mode??
                  Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                    So I can just buy Opposing Fronts and be able to install both?
                    Yes, it will install both, but you will need a cd-key from CoH vanilla to have access to the Normandy Campaign.

Comment

Just some more info about this game, yes its cool and i love to play.
                      But,
                      When you play as the German Elite, you don't get much in Armor.
                      Just a Marder III and early panzer IV, you can get from reserve
                      a Hetzer & Jagdpanther. No MG team, motor team, bunkers, or Iron Cross
                      dudes either. So, i figure someone will come out with a mod to remedy this.

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                        Also i've yet to see the King Tiger available in the Skrimish mode??
                        You need to play as the German Wehrmacht using the Propaganda Doctrine to obtain the King Tiger (it replaces the Tiger Ace)

Also, with it installing the first CoH, I think that's only so you can play against those who own CoH, not so you can play as them.
                        Which is why those who don't own CoHOF had to download that 1 gig patch.

But in terms of the game itself, I thoroughly enjoyed the German campaign, the ending to it was really great when it comes to WW2 stories: One of the main characters realises that even though they were successful in stopping Market Garden, they have still lost everything.
                        So, yeah, I thought it was great.

Comment

Thanks buddy your right it was there, i would have never looked in there for it.
                          Now my just crashes every time i try to play a skirmih mode???

Comment

Just downloaded a big time patch for the game that should fix all the bugs.

Also downloaded a new map D-Day, whoah talk about intense , it gives you
                            and invasion thats just non stop, you have to hold your ground for 1 hour
                            against the allies storming ashore. I lasted 40 min.

Comment

Where is that big patch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X