Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Storm: Allies

Pacific Storm: Allies

Pacific Storm: Allies is the latest title in the Pacific Storm series of WWII Pacific theater games which combine real-time strategy, resource management and exciting, in-your-face combat action. In Pacific Storm Allies, players jump into the thick of battle, playing as the United States, Japan, and a new playable nation - the United Kingdom. Allied nations, including the Netherlands, Germany and Russia, offer a new level of diplomacy and resource management to the game. An updated graphics engine brings to life new aircraft, naval ships and landscapes, showcasing them in lush, vivid detail.

As with the original Pacific Storm, Allies offers something for everyone - armchair admirals can take command of massive fleets from a sweeping strategic perspective, while the action fan can jump into the cockpit to battle it out in the skies, or man deck guns to turn enemy ships into smoking hulks.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Official North American Web Site Launched for Pacific Storm: Allies

cdv Software Entertainment USA invites gamers to visit the new official North American Web site for Pacific Storm: Allies, the latest title in the successful Pacific Storm series of WWII strategy/action games. The new site offers visitors high-quality screenshots, trailers and in-depth game information for this exciting strategy title that combines elements of grand strategy, resource management and action-oriented hands-on combat in one package. For more information about Pacific Storm: Allies, please visit http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com.

Look for the official ACG review soon!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Pacific Storm: Allies - Naval Ships Overview Available

cdv Software Entertainment USA is inviting armchair admirals to visit the official Pacific Storm: Allies site today, as they have released a new downloadable overview of some of the major naval vessels that will be featured in the game. The overview contains descriptions and renders of key vessels from the game, including the Gato Class submarine, the Akagi aircraft carrier and many more. Pacific Storm: Allies, the latest in the Pacific Storm series of WWII combination action and strategy games, will begin shipping to North American retail on January 21. For more information about Pacific Storm: Allies, please visit
      http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com.
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Pacific Storm: Allies Goes Gold

Cary, NC, January 10, 2008 –- Pacific Storm: Allies, the latest title in the Pacific Storm series of WWII Pacific Theater of war titles from Buka and cdv Software Entertainment USA, has gone gold today. The game, which puts players in the roles of fighter jocks, ship captains and master strategists with its unique combination of strategy and action-based gameplay, is set for a retail release in late January. For more information about Pacific Storm: Allies, please visit the new official site at http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com.
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Pacific Storm: Allies – Aircraft Overview Available

Cary, NC, January 18, 2008 –- cdv Software Entertainment USA today released a new overview of some of the key aircraft from their upcoming strategy-action game, Pacific Storm: Allies. The overview contains descriptions and renders of several aircraft used by the various nations in the game, including the Sea Fury, the Vampire and the P-80. Pacific Storm: Allies, the latest in the Pacific Storm series of WWII combination action and strategy games, is set to begin shipping to North American retail on January 21 in North America. For more information about Pacific Storm: Allies, please visit http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com.
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Cary, NC, January 28, 2008 -- cdv Software Entertainment USA today released Pacific Storm: Allies, its WWII combined action/strategy title, to North American retailers. In the game, players will be able to effortlessly switch between strategic, RTS and first-person gameplay modes to control massive naval fleets and squadrons of aircraft during some of the deadliest battles of WWII in the Pacific theater. For more information about Pacific Storm: Allies, please visit http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com.
            Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Cary, NC, February 14, 2008 - cdv Software Entertainment USA today released a new "Technology Overview" feature for their recently released game, Pacific Storm: Allies. The new feature, which can be downloaded from http://cdvus.com gives readers an overview of the game's advanced technology research system. The research system allows players to modify existing aircraft, ships and weaponry, along with giving them the ability to create all new technologies. For more information about Pacific Storm: Allies, which is now available in North American retail, please visit http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

tips for Pacific Storm and Pacific Storm Allies

having played Pacific Storm for some time and recently acquiring Pacific Storm Allies (OMG wow) like they read my mind lol, anyway I thought I would share some lessons learned. These are for beginners so bear with me but you veterans out there feel free to add on, some of these tips are multi national and some are solely for the US but I will show you which in each case

#1 (any nation) In the beginning when you making bases, remember you just have to be the first to be there, for this reason I use fast moving destroyers to get there establish a base and then follow up with a transport of engineers

#2 (any nation) hold all production/research to a minimum for the first week while establishing bases, this allows you to build up the money necessary if you get all the bases you want then go a head and go nuts

I tend even then to hold off too much production as the first of the year I can buy radar and sonar, these are vital to my upgrades

#3 (any nation) Upgrades: I move ALL units to my main bases, I also strip tanker divisions of destroyer protection, and begin upgrades as soon as possible primarily sonar and radar priority to subs and destroyers, then any empty AA slots on all ships

At this time while all carriers are in main ports I also upgrade all aircraft that I can and..........
                #4 (US only) I fill the carriers (the empty slots held for torpedo bombers not yet developed I fill those with fighters if I have them produced, since in most cases the war will start before I can get torpedo bomber engine technology (pacific Storm only allies comes with Torpedo bombers)

#5 (any country) if it leaves port load it, I don’t care if its a destroyer battalion put some cargo on it, AA guns, extra engineers, larger ships can carry larger weapons or aircraft LOAD IT UP, you'll be glad you did

If some of these ideas seem scary remember in the game the Japanese wont attack till a 60 day window after Oct 1 1941 and in my experience most times around the first week of November. you have almost a year to fill those bases, and lastly one more note too many bases is not necessarily a good thing I take a few and make sure I can hold them rather than many, make your opponent spread out his forces, and give him less but more formidable choices to think about

I apologize if any of this is covered elsewhere or if I’m covering old ground
                HAPPY Gaming

Comment

Could be a great game. Pity it's so bugged and plagued with CTD's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X