Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codename: Panzers - Cold War

Codename: Panzers - Cold War

The official Codename: Panzers™ - Cold War website is available online as of today at www.panzers-coldwar.de. The lavish website transports visitors to an abandoned control room in Berlin’s Tempelhof airport. This is where the tragic 1949 collision between two aircraft led to an invasion by the Red Army and the start of the single-player campaign in Stormregion’s new real-time strategy masterpiece. In addition to news, screenshots and artwork, the website’s original design offers a wide range of interesting functions, information and interactive elements waiting to be discovered as visitors wander through the control room. Electronic Arts will be handling European distribution and sales for the newest title in the “Codename Panzers“ series, due for release on the PC in the first quarter of 2008.

During the Cold War conflict, a period in which the differences of opinion between the occupying forces of the Allies and the Soviet Union become ever sharper, an aircraft accident occurs over Tempelhof Airport during the Berlin Blockade resulting in grave consequences. The tragic collision of an American airplane carrying relief goods with a Russian fighter plane costs not only the lives of both crews, but also overstretches the already tense relations between the occupying forces. Under the command of the merciless Stalin, the Red Army has undergone a tremendous expansion at the end of the Second World War and has more-or-less been waiting for the right time to extend their territory to the West by attacking the NATO forces. This incident thus gives Stalin all the incentive that he requires!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Hope they have away to turn the lights off and ajust the radar.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

When electing to "depart the WWII era" and move forward, these Hungarian designers should have realized that the name ":Panzer" is equally obsolete. In fact, there are no more "panzers" after 1945 so it is obviously time to update the title's nomenclature as well. "Panzer is a German military term and there is no more German military.

Personally, I found the gamesite disturbing: why should I have to enter my personal information to view the site? Are they really going to refuse to sell the game to minors? Or is this another freebie-cheap way of accumulating demographics without openly saying that that is the purpose.

Either way, it's a definite turn-off: what else are they doing and not saying, such as imbedded tracking software?

Comment

In fact, there are no more "panzers" after 1945
        FALSE

there is no more German military.
        FALSE

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
          FALSE

FALSE
          Really? And what part of 1950's Germany were you in? I was there in 1948 as a kid - my father was there as part of the Allied Occupation Command.)

After WWII, for quite a few years, there was no German military to speak of other than police forces, no German armored forces, and NO panzers, which is a German word for tanks that was not used by the French, British, Americans or Soviets.

Change the batteries in your time machine.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
            Really? And what part of 1950's Germany were you in? I was there in 1948 as a kid - my father was there as part of the Allied Occupation Command.)

After WWII, for quite a few years, there was no German military to speak of other than police forces, no German armored forces, and NO panzer's, which is a German word for tanks that was not used by the French, British, Americans or Soviets.

Change the batteries in your time machine.

Me and my time machine! Who is stuck!!!! Take a look at the calender 1948 is close to 60 years in the past. Germany has had Panzer's and a military since the early 50's. If Germany doesn't have Panzer's then pray tell what are the Leopard I's and II's? If Germany doesn't have a military who is that they have stationed in Afghanistan?

Thanks for the info on the meaning of Panzer. I guess my validation from Monterey wasn't needed.

This isn't the first time that I had to try to bring you into the 21st century Germany, but MM you really seem to have missed the last 60 years of Germany history. It can't be due to your intelligence.

Would you care to put this up to debate on the forum with the following questions.

1# Does Germany have Panzer's?

2# Does Germany have a military?

Better yet, I won't wait for your reply! I'll open a new topic Titled MM says

Comment

MM are you serious???? Get out of YOUR time machine buddy. Yea Germany had no military in 1948.

Today is 16 August 2007, 01:30 (yea I know) please consider the following information.

http://www.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/bwde

http://www.deutschesheer.de/portal/a/heer

The Leopard mean anything?

Look here:

http://www.kmweg.com/gb/index.php

They list a Panzerhaubitze 2000 a "tank howitzer" as a product. Yes Germany has Panzers, THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL TANKS IN GERMAN!!

Comment

Joea,Danke for the links to the Bundeswehr and Das Heer.Greatlinks
                If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Wasn't the Bundeswehr officially established in 1955?
                  "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                  Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Before the era of the Leopard tanks, the Germans had large numbers of M47s and M48s. IIRC, they were the largest recipients of these tanks.
                    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Well, i will try to get this train back on track.

I'm looking forward to this, i enjoy the other two Codename Panzer games. I went and bought the two dvd edition from my local frys last week, it has both games, which is excellent.

Comment

First Codename: Panzers - Cold War Gameplay Video

Darmstadt, August 20th 2007 – Shortly after the recent launch of the official Codename Panzers: Cold War™ website the first gameplay video from the upcoming real-time strategy highlight has been made available at www.panzers-coldwar.com. Against a background of music from the 50’s the video shows the physically determined destruction of buildings and demonstrates the new Gepard3 engine’s performance. In the newest episode of the “Codename Panzers” series buildings collapse realistically based on the angle of attack, and each collapse is unique and individual. Electronic Arts is handling the European sales and distribution for the newest episode of the “Codename Panzers” series, with the PC version due for release in the first quarter of 2008. A first playable version will be presented together with EA at the Games Convention.
                        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I havent played any of the Codename: Panzer series but i might have a look at this one, what were the other ones like?
                          "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
                          - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Not my cup of tea but others do like it

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
                            I havent played any of the Codename: Panzer series but i might have a look at this one, what were the other ones like?
                            I got the original Codename Panzers ('Phase One') game. It did not appeal to me very much - not really my style - but I do know of others who like it.

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
                              I only played the first one, and i really liked it. The good things i liked about Codename was done better in Company of Heroes, which is a better WWII rts. In Codename Panzers, you get to purchase your units before most missions, and there is no resource gathering or buildings to build, so you can not just rush the enemy, or you will lose badly.

If you like rts games, give it a look, it's not bad, in my kind anyways.

here is a link to the gamespot review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...summary;review

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X