High ping killed the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High ping killed the game

I get high ping and lag every day now. For the past week and a half or so. Just when I had made up my mind to buy a Lowe.

Sorry to hear that. I've been offline for a couple of weeks can can't say what's up.

Anyone else having issues?
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

I've played for almost 4 months but I've never had this kind of problem before.

At first the game used to have high-ping spikes that went as high as ping 900.

After several days those spikes stabilized around ping 300-500 and got a bit rarer during a game but still made it unpleasant to play.

I'll give it more time maybe it gets back to normal.

Comment

On the first screen when you load the game notice at the top right there is a wrench button. In there you can turn off torrents. That might help a bit.
        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
          On the first screen when you load the game notice at the top right there is a wrench button. In there you can turn off torrents. That might help a bit.
          Thank you! Tried it, but unchecking the "allow torrents" box in fact leads to an even worse experience. The high-ping spikes are far more frequent and last longer.

I'll contact the ISP later next week if things remain the same.

Maybe with the school being out my network (and maybe the WoT servers too) is under more strain from all the gamers?

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
            Thank you! Tried it, but unchecking the "allow torrents" box in fact leads to an even worse experience. The high-ping spikes are far more frequent and last longer.

I'll contact the ISP later next week if things remain the same.

Maybe with the school being out my network (and maybe the WoT servers too) is under more strain from all the gamers?
            I've got a fairly good cable connection and even then I was seeing pings in the 90's with spikes above that. I may not be noticing a big problem because the connection is fast enough to deal with whatever else is being stuffed down the pipe.

Probably it's WOT and not you, but it never hurts to chat with your ISP just to make sure.
            RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X