Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperial
    replied
    If this thing leaves the tanks' "radars" working as usual I don't see why it would be a bad thing. It would spoil the day for those players that rarely look at the map or can't read the map at all. And that's good. I hate those players.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Actually the auto detect range is 50M.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Might have been that the guy's camo bonus had finally kicked in. A Camo net only activates after 6 seconds of being still.
    Equally shooting gives away your location. IF he stops, then he'll be harder to hit.
    Camo nets don't make a difference within a certain range. When they suddenly blink-out and you're inside 100M it's the game's bug working.

I don't see the camos as affecting the visibility range as camo-netting does. it seems as though it will just visually make them harder to see if they're positioned correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Might have been that the guy's camo bonus had finally kicked in. A Camo net only activates after 6 seconds of being still.
    Equally shooting gives away your location. IF he stops, then he'll be harder to hit.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
    Invisible tanks already exist in WoT, so how is more camouflage going to affect visibility? I was shooting at an enemy tank that was in an open field--no bushes, no trees, no rocks or boulders, no buildings, just flat land--and *poof!* it disappeared.

So I really don't expect much difference with what is planned.
    That may be due to the radio range and spotting. It's my understanding that it's the radio that links everyone together; if the spotting unit was destroyed and you weren't within whatever the visual range is supposed to be (even if it's out in the open) the tank would disappear. Same thing might happen if a tank in the middle of the communication link is destroyed.

Anyone else have some insight into this mechanic?

Leave a comment:

• Greybriar
    replied
    Invisible tanks already exist in WoT, so how is more camouflage going to affect visibility? I was shooting at an enemy tank that was in an open field--no bushes, no trees, no rocks or boulders, no buildings, just flat land--and *poof!* it disappeared.

So I really don't expect much difference with what is planned.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
    We'll have to wait and see. In the current system a tank remains effectively invisible until the approaching vehicles gets within a certain range. It then blinks on, has an icon over its position, and is spotted. It is very hard to miss this object that wasn't there one second, but then appeared. I'm not sure how adaptive cammo will change this basic mechanic.

I do know that it would totally change the game if spotting was made to be more realistic in the sense that if you are moving out in the open, anything on the map that has a direct LOS is going to see you. A tank in the open is a very hard thing to miss, no matter what the camo.

I also wonder if this will kill the mod community who make 100s of wonderful skins now.
    My understanding is that it makes you harder to see, like a camo net. Take two identical tanks in identical cover, one can be shooting the first the other won't be able to see him so can't retaliate. That sounds very much "pay to win".

As to the Modding skins, despite what the guy in that says no it won't kill the modders off.
    The Camo pattens (according to the guy in that vid) are overlays on the normal skin. So as long as you don't buy any camo then it won't alter the modded skin.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Listy View Post
    you'll need to read the subtitles.

Adaptive camo, want to bet that'll kill the game?
    We'll have to wait and see. In the current system a tank remains effectively invisible until the approaching vehicles gets within a certain range. It then blinks on, has an icon over its position, and is spotted. It is very hard to miss this object that wasn't there one second, but then appeared. I'm not sure how adaptive cammo will change this basic mechanic.

I do know that it would totally change the game if spotting was made to be more realistic in the sense that if you are moving out in the open, anything on the map that has a direct LOS is going to see you. A tank in the open is a very hard thing to miss, no matter what the camo.

I also wonder if this will kill the mod community who make 100s of wonderful skins now.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    started a topic So camo

So camo

you'll need to read the subtitles.

Adaptive camo, want to bet that'll kill the game?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X